News
  •  News
  • 50.25% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2007-10-31T12:34:48Z
Here's a treat for gamers, and possibly a trick for gaming systems, as Epic and Midway announce that yet another DX10 title, Unreal Tournament 3 has gone gold.

Midway and Epic today announced that Unreal Tournament 3 has gone to gold master for the PC. Developed by the team behind the critically acclaimed video game Gears of War, Unreal Tournament 3 is currently scheduled to ship in North America on November 19th for the PC with a suggested retail price of $49.95 and $59.95 for the collector’s edition. The PlayStation®3 version will follow soon. Unreal Tournament fans can get a taste of the compelling first person shooter by checking out the single-player trailer, or downloading the beta demo.

Additional info: Europe will get UT3 on November 22nd.

Marco C
2007-10-31T12:38:03Z
There goes my productivity! When the last UT came out, I would leave work early to go an play. I gave the demo a shot, and felt like I was in a timewarp. Gonna be a fun holoday season!
Lev_Astov
2007-10-31T13:15:52Z
Yeah, I loved the demo. It feels alot like UT2k4, but with better graphics and physics. I was most pleased by the option to enable hardware physics. And, as always, the bots are top notch.
Grahf
2007-10-31T14:43:54Z
Anyone seen a Direct X 9/10 comparison anywhere in screens and performance?
recoveringknowitall
2007-10-31T14:48:06Z

Try playing with at least 10 bots on Godlike... this is how I've been practicing between matches with human palyers online!

Lev_Astov
2007-10-31T15:04:24Z
Wow, if you can beat or even hold up against the Godlike bots, you'll dominate in multiplayer.
recoveringknowitall
2007-10-31T15:44:35Z

It's practice and as it stands I usually end up ranking in the lower 30%(against the godlike bots), but I'm gettin better.

^Bad_Boy^
2007-11-01T12:15:09Z

Hey guys.. I've been playing the Beta Demo on my laptop too.. And I'm very impressed, Can't wait till I get my Copy.. I Pre-Order The Collectors Edition and also the CoD4 Collectors Edition through Amazon.com... So Hopefully I'll have them In my Hands As soon as they're for sale 😃..

UT3 actually reminds me the most to the First UT, I think it's not as fast paced as UT2004, and the weapons do make alot of damage... The Graphics are great, and I know the game will run & look even better when the final version is out, I remember the first time I got my hands on the Beta for UT2003, the game was laggy on my computer back then, but when the Final version came out it ran Smoothly 😃..

Call Of Duty 4 also looks great 😃...

As for DirectX10, I'm still avoiding Vista at least till SP2 or SP3...

PS: I upgraded my laptop to be able to play UT3 and CoD4 properly :)

digitaldd
2007-11-05T11:42:57Z

I'm enjoying the demo, but every few days when i start it up it tells me my ini files are old and need updating and then changes me back to the default settings for the game. I haven't dared try running with bots on godlike yet. But I'm familiarized my self with the 2 deathmatch maps and the vehicle ctf, although I prefer regular ctf and assault..