recoveringknowitall
2007-10-26T20:15:37Z

What more can I say, the most highly anticipated game of 07 is close at hand... until november 16 get the demo today!!!

[:D]

entermymatrix03
2007-10-26T21:46:25Z

Fileshack is the only one with the demo right? I went to download it earlier... I waited in line for almost 2 hours and when it was my turn to dl the demo the damn thing said I had an invalid URL. So I said F' this i'll just get Mercury for a month, use it for said month and cancel it.... I sign up for Mercury and they grab money from my paypal...BUT I CANNOT ACCESS THE MERCURY SERVERS!!! it keeps saying "You must be a Mercury subscriber to use this server"!!! They have already charged my account and all. 

I'm a bit pissed right now!!!

recoveringknowitall
2007-10-26T23:03:08Z

entermymatrix03 wrote:

I'm a bit pissed right now!!!

I can empathize with you, that really blows. Hope you get the situation resolved.

Downloaded it from fileshack and just completed it a minute ago. Two words: Gaming euphoria!!!

Luckily your ultra will have no problem with this game so you truly have something to look forward to even if you don't get to play the demo.

jtm55
2007-10-27T00:51:50Z
Hi All,

I'm downloading right now. Thanks for the heads up.

Lou784
2007-10-27T08:26:43Z

Well, I completed the demo early this morning and I took a bunch of

screen shots. Overall I think the game is fun, when I first started it

up I set all graphics settings to high.......I only got about 21-23

fps, so I had to lower to medium. I think if I want to run everything

on high settings I would want to OC my videocard, but medium quality

still looks pretty good. I'm on vista, so all these are direct x 10

screen shots:

Game settings: 1440 x 900 resolution, 2x anti-aliasing, all graphics settings on medium running in DX10.

Oh and my average fps using medium quality was between 28-38 fps....the

screen shots shower lower only because there is a slight pause when I

take a screen shot.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Overall, I am very pleased with the game and look forward to it's upcoming release....which I have reserved at gamestop.

Lou784
2007-10-27T10:57:07Z

Here is what the game looks like with all settings on very high and 2x

aa at 1440 x 900 resolution. This was definitely not playable on my

8800 GTS card, but just wanted to show how good the game can look if

you run the right hardware:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I managed to run the game fairly good now at medium / high settings

(everything on high except physics, post processing effects, &

particle effects set to medium) after I overclocked my video card to

660 mhz core and 1000 mhz for the memory. 

recoveringknowitall
2007-10-27T13:57:01Z

Technically: Having the settings at medium or even high is only DX9, it's only at very high does the game run DX10 as the very high settings are only accessible on Vista. I'm running the game on XP on high @ 1680 x 1050 with 4xAA and found it very playable despite framerates of only 20-50.

Lou784
2007-10-27T14:13:56Z

Well, if you notice in my screen shots, I had riva tuner statistics running and for all of them it says Direct3D10 (D3D10 in screen shot top left hand corner).  If it were running in DX9 mode, it should say D3D9, I have tested this by running the game in vista in DX9 mode by right clicking the desktop shortcut and choosing "Play DX9" and you will notice no lense flare, volumeteric lighting, and a few others effects that are only are the DX10 version of the game.  Also in riva tuner it will show whether your running the game in DX10 or 9 no matter the game...whether it be Crysis, Bioshock, World In Conflict.. it's always been accurate for me in telling which version of DX I am running.

Screen shot in DX9 Mode: (notice the higher fps)

UserPostedImage 

Same area and settings screen shot in DX10 Mode: (lower fps)

UserPostedImage

Also, I've noticed when I run in DX10 mode, after loading it says to press enter to continue, it doesn't do that in DX9 Mode for some reason. 

recoveringknowitall
2007-10-27T15:15:23Z

I stand corrected.

[*-)]

entermymatrix03
2007-10-28T10:02:08Z

lol...you guys. This demo/game F'ing rules!!!

I played at 1680x1050 with everything on high and 4xAA and it never slowed down once. I'll have to get FRAPS or something to monitor the FPS. Is there an ingame  tool that monitors this for you ala HL2? I currently have XP installed on my machine so I'm not running at DX10. I'm going to wait until the full game comes out before I try Vista again...or atleast dual boot. :)

Oh BTW- Fileshack corrected the Mercury error so now i do not have to wait in line for demos,patches, ect. Its a pretty good service!

Lou784
2007-10-28T15:48:09Z
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25064.html  (for some reason its not working for me anymore as it says I need a plug-in but it shows a very appealing multi-player mode the game has.

Der Meister
2007-10-28T17:54:57Z

with every thing on very high ,y GTX is running around 10-15FPS... sad times... looks like i'll need to bump it down to medium and then run 4xAA... hummm i wonder how a second gtx would do?

recoveringknowitall
2007-10-28T18:43:07Z

That sux Der. I'm running all high 4xAA(XP/DX9) and get between 20-45 which is suprisingly very playable... to the point where the hard difficulty wasn't that hard for me personally. I only died once on hard and never on normal!

jtm55
2007-10-28T20:18:16Z
Hi All,

I'm playing on Hard Difficulty @ 1920 x 1080 @ 4x AA & while I'm not able to measure my FPS I've noticed no lag or slowdowns. What do you Guys use to measure your FPS?

Der Meister
2007-10-28T22:10:12Z

fraps is what i use.

bumped it down to med setting except for a few thing such has shadows and physics  and some other things.  and im getting 30-45fps...