Pentium691
2007-02-13T00:20:47Z
http://www.xfxforce.com/...re.jspa?featureId=901525 
http://www.evga.com/product/moreinfo.asp?n=23

COmparisons. I dont really see the big need of 640 RAM over 320 RAM. IM debating buying 2 diff gfx cards from 2 diff brands. One is cheaper and worse in RAm but has 2 games but i could care less about the games, well, one of the games. So, do I need this extra RAM for $100? Is it worth it or do I have ample time to wait and spend that money on a better line or such? Any advice is wanted, donka
Sponsor
Der Meister
2007-02-13T00:48:02Z
the gtx is way better than the gts
TheYoungGuy
2007-02-15T18:38:45Z
The GTX is a lot better, however, if you are budget shopping, I would check out the BFG 8800 GTS. Definitely a great board. Just not sure how it will handle DX10. Its a killer card for DX9 though. Actually I wouldn't call it budget shopping, being that the BFG version is still roughly $450.00. Still better than any of the 7 series cards.
Pentium691
2007-02-15T21:42:46Z
WTH is a DX9? OK ima a forever nooba nd maybe just forgot. Thanks for the advice though, im sure ill have countless amounts of noob q's soon enough. Alot of thigs to buy soon.
Russman113
2007-02-15T22:09:10Z
quote:

Originally posted by: TheYoungGuy
The GTX is a lot better, however, if you are budget shopping, I would check out the BFG 8800 GTS. Definitely a great board. Just not sure how it will handle DX10. Its a killer card for DX9 though. Actually I wouldn't call it budget shopping, being that the BFG version is still roughly $450.00. Still better than any of the 7 series cards.

Dude the card is MADE for DX10, it will most likely run it better than it does DX9. Aside from that, the 8800 GTX isnt that much better anyways, not until you get into the Higher Resolutions. Owning one myself, I can easily turn EVERYTHING up in every game I play, Vanguard, WoW, EQ2, Supreme Commander (very hard game to run). According to MS my card is only going to get faster with DX10, so for me its a very good buy, I highly recommend it.

As for which one, It depends on what you want. HH just did a review on the XFX XXX 8800GTS 320 mb version, and it almsot all the tests it was faster, or the same with the normal 8800 gts. Now given its overclocked alittle bit, that may affect its speed, but it its actually really fast. I would recommend that unless you want to goto really high resolutions like I said earlier. Either way you cant go wrong.
TheYoungGuy
2007-02-16T01:25:51Z
Yea man I understand the 8800 series is designed for DX 10. But I was referencing the fact that Vista is still very buggy. Especially in the Sound Card department. But I would have to agree with everything you said.

And by the way, Pentium, DX9 = DirectX 9. DirectX is a set of low-level application programming interfaces (APIs) for creating high-performance multimedia applications.