Endersothergame
2007-02-04T01:45:48Z
I finally spent a bunch of time cleaning up my case, and I got some goodies, DAMN that 7700 is big.

and

not pictured the 1900GT with Zalmon vf900-cu, also notice the NB cooler as well, damned fan died on me which is what prompted my spending spree, I was only gonna a NB cooler but I got carried away. Full case pics may follow but not likely.
Sponsor
Der Meister
2007-02-04T03:05:39Z
you think that big you should see the 9700..
kid007
2007-02-04T06:34:44Z
With the temps your getting up in Canada Ender that Cpu would be under 30C
entermymatrix03
2007-02-04T09:38:38Z
YESS!!! haha. I have a created another monster! muhahhaha!

Congrats on making the upgrade bro. How are you liking it so far? I got on here and saw the thread title and was like "oh hell, what have i done?". lol.

So what about the inside of the case? also, i must tell you...its pretty damn cool to have your name in a thread title for everyone to see! lol.
Thunder Chunks
2007-02-04T12:04:30Z
Enters on commission from Zalman
Endersothergame
2007-02-04T13:19:09Z
on commission that never occured to me, LOL! The temps are definetly lower.
The VGA @ load is now about 38C, it was WAY higher!(like 90C stoopit cooler clearly was just for show) As far as the NB is concerned it clearly was too hot, as the
paste wasn't pasty when I scraped it off. BTW why was there a lil sticker on the NB?
Also worth noting, the Zalmon NB HS has the coolest and unexpectedly easy way to attach it. You have to fiddle with it a lil but I mean its a very elegant solution

I suppose I will get some in case shots, maybe later today I dunno. After putting it on, am I satisfied, oh HELL yeah! Aesthetic (10/10) - Performance - (10/10) ease to assemble(for all three items) (10/10)
Covert_One24
2007-02-04T13:37:53Z
isnt the 9500 better then the 7700? or am i just retarted?
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2007-02-04T18:02:23Z
quote:

Originally posted by: Covert_One24
isnt the 9500 better then the 7700? or am i just retarted?

Yes (to the former!). The 7700 is still a good heatsink heatsink but its had its day and there's better out there now. It's a good buy if you can find it cheap though, and still relatively quiet.
Covert_One24
2007-02-04T21:44:06Z
hola jordan

i might be in the market for a brand new hs since my xp-90 is kinda getting outdated (i like to be in the new ) so i was wondering which zalman u guys recommend or any other manufacturer. seems like u guys go with the zalmans most of the time.
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2007-02-05T16:52:35Z
What are your specs, Covert? Most importantly CPU and case/cooling.

Zalman make great all-in-one solutions, but that's exactly what I don't like about them! I like to be able to test, use and swap any fan I like and not be stuck with the manufacturers fan. The fans Zalman bundle with their heatsinks are decent but for low noise, you can do better.

I had a 7000Cu and, despite it being a good HS, the fan just wasn't quiet enough for me. So I had to replace the whole thing. I now have a Scythe Ninja running a Nexus RS fan and I can swap to anything else that takes my fancy.
Endersothergame
2007-02-05T23:37:27Z
I dunno, Jordan, not to argue(but to argue I guess), I have had both, a 7000 for my 2800+ and now a 7700 for my 3500+ I feel it is definetly quiet enough, I put the case side on and it is inaudible. That being with the ambiant noise in my aptment loud enough to drown out anything I might potentially hear(I have 2 kids). I sort of like the elgence of an all in one package that gaurentees simplicity. Now if only there was a way to attach it that didn't involve board removal. I looked at the 9500 but it was on the top end of the money I was prepaired to spend, seeing as the 7700 can be found for $40.00CAD here in Toronto if you know where to look. As a final point, this is very likely the best HS/F I have ever used, and that said I have used ALOT of different solutions.
Endersothergame
2007-02-14T22:12:04Z
quote:

Originally posted by: entermymatrix03
YESS!!! haha. I have a created another monster! muhahhaha!

Congrats on making the upgrade bro. How are you liking it so far? I got on here and saw the thread title and was like "oh hell, what have i done?". lol.

So what about the inside of the case? also, i must tell you...its pretty damn cool to have your name in a thread title for everyone to see! lol.

Well here you go, a very bad picture of inside the case, had the side off and found the cameras batteries had gone flat so they are charging and your looking at the pic my cell fone did.