giantjoebot
2006-10-04T13:48:57Z
I originally started this thread on another service that gave you 25GB, but tey only allowed for 1GB a month download, which kinda defeated the purpose of it. So I found this which is much better even though you don't get as much storage.

http://www.xdrive.com

It has only 5GB of space, but its free and there doesn't seem to be any download limit. Plus there are a lot more features like drive mapping and auto back up. The only thing is its from AOL. Google is also suppose to come out with a simliare service calle gdrive, and microsoft is coming out with live drive, but they have not been released yet.

I havn't tryed xdrive yet my sely, but plan on trying it tonight. I can let you guys know how it goes if you want.

EDIT: I installed it, and it is a very nice program/service so far. It uses about 23MB of ram to run it as a network drive, but it does not start up with windows by default. It is very responsive as a network drive. It uses X: , which I had already assighned to a drive on my media server, so I had to give the drive on my media server a different letter. The Web UI is very nice and works in firefox. You have to setup a AOL account, but it does not install any othe AOL programs.
Sponsor