Covert_One24
2006-09-23T13:06:19Z
ive been working on my website all morning and i just finished the homepage... I got a template and just used it to base my website off of so it was alot easier then writing all the code myself. this website is for my Counter strike surfing clan and anything else that i want it to be. Feel free to give me some suggestions or ideas on what to put on it.

PS- all the other pages are in some language but still give me ideas on what to put on all of them. i want to make it look professional yet still OK for gaming. Oh, and btw, hope you dont mind that i used your thread folder icon as some images on my site. if its bad then ill take it off and find something else. Notice how HotHardware is int he Affiliates

Ownage website
Sponsor
SilverVenom57
2006-09-23T13:19:25Z
Still needs more customization. Still has the template feel, and some of the themes are clashing, eg: the light yellow folders vs. the red header. I would perhaps change their color. And you might want to get rid of the default latin. Been a long time since i've had to read that.

If you need a host, use www.ace-host.net . Get their "special". Amazing hosting price, been using them for a few years, never had a problem, and they have everything you could ever need.
Covert_One24
2006-09-23T13:26:44Z
yea i know i just placed a review with google adsense so i can fill that top left space witha google search bar. Wut color do you think i should change the headers to?
SilverVenom57
2006-09-23T14:14:53Z
I like the color of the header, its the color of the folders I thought needed changing. Play around with photoshop and the hue filter, and try all the colors. Grr...you got me started, now i'm in that web design mood.
Covert_One24
2006-09-23T14:25:25Z
lol glade i could help . too bad i dont have photoshop i guess ill need to find some other image to use.
SilverVenom57
2006-09-23T15:17:00Z
You could use GIMP, which is free.

Now i'm making myself a new website...there goes my weekend. I'm trying to make palm trees in photoshop & have my cammera take 10 macro shots of water rippling in my bath tub...not working. 😕
Covert_One24
2006-09-23T15:18:15Z
alright. i might have fixed it but idk.

heres the pic i came up with tell me what you think of that if it still clashes.

SilverVenom57
2006-09-23T15:26:24Z
Much better, make a little darker, not much, just a tiny bit, and I think it would look good.
Covert_One24
2006-09-23T15:33:52Z
downloading GIMP now to make it a lil darker

i think this looks good. wut u think?

Link
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2006-09-23T19:26:32Z
As SV said, it still looks a little too templatey, but looking good.

Those arrows you made with the text under them, you have only made the text a link but I suggest you make the image link through to the page too.
Covert_One24
2006-09-23T19:59:44Z
ya i purposely did that but i guess your right.
BebeX
2006-09-24T07:36:36Z
there's a few spelling/grammar mistakes to sort out, and as the other guys have said, it needs a bit more work so as not to look too much like a template, other than that, it's a nice 'page
Covert_One24
2006-09-24T09:49:25Z
yea i kno lol. i was just trying to type fast as to get it done. when i am completely done withit and all the customizations are done then i will fix all the grammar and stuff. and does anyone have any iudeas on how to make it not look like a template?
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2006-09-24T13:33:39Z
Have the forum open in a new Window unless you're going to have clear links back to the main site.

I'm not too sure the "Been Banned?" link is something you want to have on the home page... it's too negative and shouldn't be so predominant.
Covert_One24
2006-09-24T13:45:07Z
will do the forum idea.

and just changed the banned thing to Join the Forums to fill it up. also made it open in new window right up to the register screen .

thanks for keeping up with this thread guys all th help is appreciated. keep those ideas coming.