diabulos
2006-09-15T12:03:15Z
I have a DFI N4 ultra socket 939 with updated bios for X2. Is that a good thing to stay with? is there another motherboard that may give more for my money in terms of he X2 capabilities?

Any help welcomed
Sponsor
giantjoebot
2006-09-15T12:31:40Z
That is a really good board. The only thing it doesn't have is SLI.
xtremeskier97
2006-09-15T12:42:51Z
It does with a simple mod. But if you arent into that and you need SLi....go with the DFI Lanparty UT NF4-SLI. Same board, but has SLI capabilities out of the box.
diabulos
2006-09-16T05:31:23Z
SO I shoud stay with it? It is good, but no matter what I do, performance, specially hard drive (SATA 200 gigs hard drive, 2 gigs of mem but not at 400 as once you fill all the slots it runs lower according to the manual -- you can only run 2 mem slots at 400 --) I just don't feel an edge with the MOBO...
Snake!
2006-09-16T05:49:35Z
its a good mobo for now if u plan to get another VGA change the mobo or u can use this mobo with the bios update
Lawrence
2006-09-16T15:07:56Z
The DFI boards are great if you do a lot of over clocking and they seemed to me to be best suited for those people who are good at such tech things as over clocking. I would take a look at the Asus line of SLI boards'I would not buy the 32 SLI DElux (see my post here). I went with the very stable 8 AN SLI Premium which is very stable and can switch from single to duel video card on the desktop. It is a top of the line in 16x SLI boards IMO. MY system has a total Danger Den water cool system but the mobo has some great extras including an overclocking program and good mobo monitoring programs. I choose Asus everytime but then I am not a tech person at heart.

Lawrence
EnoEtile
2006-09-17T03:39:40Z
N-Force, nforce is your friend obey the nforce trust the nforce. Seriously though I have an nforce four and it came with SLI sadly I am not able to take advantage of it just yet .
EnoEtile
2006-09-18T22:02:02Z
yeah.. I meant to say gigabyte with nforce chipset...
Covert_One24
2006-09-19T16:52:08Z
quote:

Originally posted by: Lawrence
The DFI boards are great if you do a lot of over clocking and they seemed to me to be best suited for those people who are good at such tech things as over clocking. I would take a look at the Asus line of SLI boards'I would not buy the 32 SLI DElux (see my post here). I went with the very stable 8 AN SLI Premium which is very stable and can switch from single to duel video card on the desktop. It is a top of the line in 16x SLI boards IMO. MY system has a total Danger Den water cool system but the mobo has some great extras including an overclocking program and good mobo monitoring programs. I choose Asus everytime but then I am not a tech person at heart.

Lawrence

QFT Asus FTW

i should be getting a premium in a couple of days