SilentSpectre
2006-03-16T17:15:06Z
It's been a long time, but it strikes me that one of the older members (Telexen?) might have had a way to run 2 x F@H cores on a dual core machine (at the time I think it was meant for HT, but what the heck!). Anyhow, if anyone knows the magic sauce, please tell me!
Sponsor
warlord
2006-03-16T18:00:49Z
Let me get home Silent and i will get you the instructions you requested.
warlord
2006-03-16T20:47:21Z
http://www.amdforums.com...thread...threadid=231607 

-Create a folder under your C: drive named FAH. C:\\FAH

-Put the CC and the SI into that folder.

-Startbar>Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt. Start the command prompt.

-Type.... C:\\FAH\\FAH502-Console.exe -config

-Hit enter

-Now setup the CC as normal

-When you get to, do you want to change advanced options, type yes

-Now you will want to leave all the options normal except the Machine ID option. That you will want to set as 1.

-Now finish the setup and let it run till it finishes downloading the core and starts to fold.

-Now you will want to close the FAH.exe window after it is at that point.

-Go to the C:\\FAH folder and double click the SI you downloaded.

-It will open. You will want to click on FAH502-Console.exe so it is highlighted.

-Click Install

-You will be prompted to reboot.

-Create a second folder under your C: drive named FAH2. C:\\FAH2

-Put the CC and the SI into that folder.

-Startbar>Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt. Start the command prompt.

-Type.... C:\\FAH2\\FAH502-Console.exe -config

-Hit enter

-Now setup the CC as normal

-When you get to, do you want to change advanced options, type yes

-Now you will want to leave all the options normal except the Machine ID option. That you will want to set as 2.

-Now finish the setup and let it run till it finishes downloading the core and starts to fold.

-Now you will want to close the FAH.exe window after it is at that point.

-Go to the C:\\FAH2 folder and double click the SI you downloaded.

-It will open. You will want to click on FAH502-Console.exe so it is highlighted.

-Click Install

-Once rebooted give your computer 5min after restart so it can install and run the service. You will now have 2 instances of FAH running correctly.
After 5-10min you should look under your task manager (WinXP) and see 100% CPU usage

These instructions can be scaled accorddingly depending on how many thread you have so for you folks with intel dualcore extremme editions and dual core dual processor systems use these instructions and add fah3 and fah4 threads
Now get folding!!!!
SilentSpectre
2006-03-16T22:08:58Z
This + new power laptop = zomg Warlord = #3 soon!!!
warlord
2006-03-16T23:08:33Z
i Just added another 3000+ and i got given to me ( By a customer whom paid for it on his rig and then decided that he wanted aircooling wtf? ) Aztek waterchill extremme with dual 120 black ice rad, so now my 3500+ is sitting at 2.53 haven't had the time to see how much further i got left to go with it.