Eric
  •  Eric
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-12-23T16:48:17Z
ok so i went to nvidias site for drivers for my lil bros gfx card and if their layout could get ne more confusing ill be suprised but can some one help me get the right one and kinda step by step help me with installing them? thanx a bunch
Sponsor
I Matador I
2005-12-23T16:51:52Z
do you know what model his g-card is? you can right click on your desktop goto properties then advanced... should say there
Eric
  •  Eric
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-12-23T17:05:14Z
PVT43GNDF3 (just a pcie xfx 6600gt)
thats it but i got that from newegg because his pc did the auto shut off thing because the card overheated. The new drivers should make the fan spin faster correct?
Dev
  •  Dev
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2005-12-23T18:06:39Z
teh card overheated because it was too overclocked or fan was broken .wat were you doing at the time if you were in desktop and it crashed the fan probably is broken.or its a faulty card.i think nvidia system for gettin drivers is very simple .i cant see where you would find it difficult.,but ill provide a link for drivers on a win xp system .here
tbh the drivers will do very little with your fan .
alternatively get coolbits here install them and right click desktop --->properties---->settings--->advanced------->ge force 6600 gt -------->clock frequencies and select fan always on.
jsut like the pic here .

put down the clock speeds and see if that helps aswell.i would be surprised if a card couldnt run at stock speeds .
Eric
  •  Eric
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-12-23T22:07:59Z
i installed the newest drivers and it is fine my lil bro ran 3d nark 03 after the drivers were installed and it ran fine
without the drivers thought it was @ stock speeds and he played command and conquer generals for 20 mins and the system shut down due to temps. Thx for ure help, after looking at the nvidia site i get how they did it now i thought i was in the wrong section lol