bob_on_the_cob
2005-12-21T23:02:32Z
I need a free way to make an exact copy of a hd for someone thats upgrading there HD but doesn't have a windows disk anymore for there PC and I'm not using mine so I need to make an exsact image of there HD.
Sponsor
Freeman
2005-12-21T23:29:41Z
use norton ghost and image the drive. create a partition the exact same sizr and then apply the image to it.

you can find ghost using well, shall we say, other methods than buying it.
bob_on_the_cob
2005-12-21T23:45:19Z
but will it be bootable?
sven
  •  sven
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2005-12-22T16:54:00Z
I'd say it might be bootable, but chances are that you'd need to run a repair from a windows disk anyway to get things running proper.
Freeman
2005-12-22T18:08:59Z
what you do is just reimage it, and if you find anything wrong, then as svem said run xps built in repair feature, which should fix up any problems you might have.
bob_on_the_cob
2005-12-23T02:05:10Z
I found a great freeware program that changed it over and even formatted the old drive. Every thing is running peachy!
xtremeskier97
2005-12-23T10:58:06Z
quote:

Originally posted by: bob_on_the_cob
I need a free way to make an exact copy of a hd for someone thats upgrading there HD but doesn't have a windows disk anymore for there PC and I'm not using mine so I need to make an exsact image of there HD.

Just to let you know for future reference Bob...you could have used your CD to install a clean load of Windows on his computer.... and used HIS code when it asks for it. That is perfectly legal. What you are paying for when you buy Windows...is mainly the license/code. As long as one code isnt on both systems....there is nothing wrong with it. It doesnt matter that you used the same CD.

Glad everything is working out "peachy".