BoNgBoNg
2001-11-30T10:02:08Z
what do i need????
okay - if i have taken my video card fan off - there will still be some of the old adhesive tape/ grease on the top of the GPU

WHAT SHOULD I USE TO CLEAN IT???
i know i'll need some special solution and special material cloth to clean it....

but what are they?? - PLZ BE EXTREMELY SPECIFIC ON THIS ONE GUYS - I REALLY NEED HELP!
Sponsor
Golden Blood
2001-11-30T10:18:31Z
Ive used paper towels and Isopropic(sp?) Alcohol on my CPU, Im not sure why you couldnt use the same on a GPU
point
2001-11-30T11:15:45Z
Perhaps a cloth towel? Lil paper bits are never fun when you put them on something that is going to heat up ,)
BoNgBoNg
2001-11-30T16:13:05Z
well GB - do u know the exact name of the solution u used for the CPU cleaning???

DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW THE MATERIAL OF THE CLOTH I AM SUPPOSE TO USE!>??
Acid_Burn
2001-11-30T17:03:02Z
Just use a lint-free cloth (which would probly only end up being a paper towel) , get some nail polish remover or WD-40, but it on the rag, then when the rag it pretty damp from the liquid, gently rub the excess off the GPU.

Be very carefull though, you don't want any of it to go ll over the card or worse, in the GPU.

BUT if that does happen, finish cleaning your card, then set it in a warm place overnight (or more) to let it dry.

One thing though. This is on a Radeon8500 right? Why did you switch heatsinks? People are obtaining 310+ core 315+ram with stock, rock stable! I guess it's just for bragging rights :cool:
[mTo]Proton
2001-11-30T21:57:24Z
I play on a very expensive violin, right now worth around 30,000, and I use a silk cloth to clean it. If you need delicacy, get that. You could also use a plain instrument cloth made of cotton. I also like the instrument custom cloths you can order. They gather evrything.
BoNgBoNg
2001-12-01T07:43:17Z
hm...Acid......WD-40??? are u insane???? WTF????

anyways - i just bought the Koolance Watercooling case - with the video cooler

so i need to take the Radeon's fan off and pop the water cooling on ^_^

basically all i have now of my computer is RAM, PSU and te case LOL