Drago
  •  Drago
  • 50.8% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2005-06-27T17:24:49Z
Well i havent finished it yet cause i still have a lot of things to do like move my hard drive to a 5.25 bay so i get some air coming from the front of my case. I also need to get my 6800gt put in if it ever gets here. And i need to make my wires look a lot more prettyer, they are so ugly looking right now but they arent bad.

Front

Side

Inside dark

Inside lit up

Inside2

Inside3

Inside4

Inside5

I would have posted this in the sticky but since some people spammed it and bascially ruined it i made my own. Feel free to make this the new rig pics thread if you want.
Sponsor
Woody
2005-06-27T17:49:15Z
Nice looking case. What are the specs?
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-06-27T18:07:23Z
http://www.imageshack.us/ . So many people have problems with image hosting and linking on here it's rediculous...
mentaldisorder
2005-06-27T18:14:51Z
im having the same problems...the 2nd one took me to some goth site
Drago
  •  Drago
  • 50.8% (Neutral)
2005-06-27T19:19:13Z
I fixed the links. I copied and pasted them from another place where i posted them and i guess their code isnt compatible with HH's.
BTW woody my specs are in my sig.
mentaldisorder
2005-06-27T23:32:19Z
Drago
  •  Drago
  • 50.8% (Neutral)
2005-06-28T00:05:26Z
Nice case man. You did an excelent job with the wires. I noticed in your inside top half pic that the cpu fans power cable is on the PWMIC. That thing gets really hot man you might want to move those wires off of that little rectangular chip. So is that 80mm fan by the vid card extra exaust, that is a bit gheto looking? I guess you are a green type person as you have like no other color in there. If you do a lot of overclocking you might want to move your ram from slot to to 3 so that there is ample room for the heat to dissipate
mentaldisorder
2005-06-28T12:14:57Z
hrm good observations...didnt notice the wire near PWMIC....yeah thats my ghetto cooling for my gfx card, until i get something to cool it better than stock. Yeah im not really a green person, those were the only uv fans i had on hand, im planning on taking the bottom ones out later on, the top one stays...hrm i guess ill move the ram fro 2 -3 next time i shutdown the system. heh i know why that sig looks familiar, isn't that a background from DeviantART?
Acadien
2005-06-29T13:09:49Z
How the hell did you do your wires so well? Ive been looking for cables to help organize mine, but havent found much...what are you using?

EDIT: And it looks like im buying th same case you have! How do you like it? Easy to install everything? Do you have problems with dust through the side?
fasboy88
2005-06-29T13:51:58Z
something i do to is hide the cables behind the mobo, drives or in the empty drive slots themselves.
Drago
  •  Drago
  • 50.8% (Neutral)
2005-06-29T15:19:44Z
Acadien the xblade case is nice and all but please make sure you put your hard drive in a 5.25 bay or take and cut a big hole in the hd rack cause it blocks airflow somthing feirce. Dont try to put the hd in the 3.5 bay either it will not fit, i tried and got some scratches on my drive. I wouldnt use the psu that comes with the xblade case, it isnt bad it works great in my small matx case but you will need a lot of cable extenders cause the lenght of the cables is very short. You saw how i hid my wires it is fairly easy with tie wraps and duct tape. Im going to use the duct tape on the side of my case where the wires will go so they stay out of the way. Where i have the wires that are hanging on the top of the mobo i will duct tape them so they are out of the way and stay stuck to the side of the case.

As far as dust goes it is about the same as any case, the grills help, but you can tell when they get dusty, so id say about every two weeks or so open and use some compressed air to clean the dust out of your case.
Acadien
2005-06-29T15:26:02Z
Yeah im deciding between yours and mentaldisorder's...they both look nice, although his looks to be a little less flashy and a little higher quality...
Drago
  •  Drago
  • 50.8% (Neutral)
2005-06-29T15:47:16Z
Ill say this much the paint on the xblade is top notch stuff, car paint quality and very nice. It is a little on the flashy side, but it is a good case if you have done something like this before. It doesnt come with any real instructions so you have to figure things out yourself sometimes. The drive rail system is ok, but it sucks that there is no option to use screws if you dont want to use drive rails, but they did allow that on the 5.25 bays. Mental's has a mobo tray while mine doesnt, and his case is a much bigger case to. I will say this though my case temps dont rise much from ambient temp, but once i move the hd cage it should have much better case cooling. The price was right for mine $71 with that fan contoler which is nice btw and it comes with 3 temp probs and can contol up to four fans and the best part is it it connects with only 4 pin molexes, so just about every fan will work on it without any problems. I dont know much about mentals case but it does look nice on the inside, but the outside just isnt my style.
mentaldisorder
2005-06-29T18:23:43Z
"How the hell did you do your wires so well? Ive been looking for cables to help organize mine, but havent found much...what are you using?"

to be flat out honest with you, basically all i used to do was try and figure out ways to make the wires hidden from site and to keep everything as neat as possible...when it comes to psu sleeving you can get several things...1) flag tape-found at any local home depot its a roll of neon colored plastic...its not sticky 2) tubing-theres this tube stuff sold at micro center used to hide wires, but its a wide diameter. 3) cable sleeves- thats what i have on mine, but mine came with my ASPIRE psu so that was easy for me. Other than that hide the cables wherever possible and ofcourse make sure you dont block that intake fan(s). For regular cables use the circular ide cables and if you have SATA hd's, then those are tiny as it is.

on the topic of my case...well i bought it from a friend for cheap, but it sells for around $150 on newegg i believe...its completely aluminum and i think the features are great...but the intake sucks with the door closed and the stock 120mm fan ROARS when the door is open...There aren't any issues with dust currently and the side doesnt seem to let dust in. I guess the airflow prevents it from settling
Acadien
2005-06-29T18:27:46Z
Noise isnt really an issue for me. My place is loud as it is

Did you find everything easy to install, modify?

And Im going to Home Depot right now...