xTravx
  •  xTravx
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-05-28T22:11:12Z
So I'm piecing together a new pc. Having no prior experience with either Thermaltake PSU's or Antec PSU's, I was wondering which would be a more reliable PSU in a high-end system.

xTravx
Sponsor
Kronstadt
2005-05-29T03:52:47Z
Antec are often regarded as among the very best PSUs around. Thermaltake are still extremely solid and often cheaper. With either one you can't really go wrong, but I'd recommend Thermaltake to most people because of the price difference. I have owned two myself and every review I have seen on them has been very positive.
Samwise
2005-05-29T05:52:08Z
Yeah Thermaltake would be second on my list. But both Antec an TT are very close in both performance and stability.
xTravx
  •  xTravx
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-05-29T20:42:15Z
Hey thanx for the feed back guys. Since money is not really an object, I think I might go for an Antec. Although, Thermaltake seems to be a good buy too. To be honest, this is the first pc I've built that is enitirely made up of new parts. Anything else I've built has always been a Frankenstien of older used parts, such as for my Linux box. I decided to go for the PSU as a best bet for a starting point. I'll play things by year as I get more parts and such.

xTravx
pixellate
2005-05-30T18:06:51Z
I would rate Thermaltake down behind:

Antec
Enermax
Tagan

etc etc.

Reviews I have read in the past have been ok but not terribly convincing.
I assume the latest Thermaltakes have stronger +12v rails than they used to have.

If cost isn't an issue you could always check out the PC Power & Cooling supplies.

I have 3 Antecs in fairly heftily overclocked rigs and they have been solid and reliable.....One in a rig that has been crunching 24/7 since last year without a hiccup.