-Damo-
  •  -Damo-
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-05-26T15:12:12Z
I removed my CD Rom, used it in another computer then put it back in my own.

When i booted up my second hard disk was not showing up but wa all plugged in correctly, i pushed all the molex's n IDE cables in properly n rebooted, it showed up - great.

Now my monitor turns itself off every ten minutes or so n wont come back on, my graphics card temp has also raised to 65C onwards idle from 52c idle.

Any idea's ? PSU issue ?
Sponsor
-Damo-
  •  -Damo-
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-05-26T15:13:33Z
Not only does my monitor turn itself off, the PC blue screen ( i think) cos it ither computers cant access it so it must have. uho better go b4 it does it again

Damo
Samwise
2005-05-27T10:45:20Z
Hmmmm. I had this exacr problem of the monitor turning off all the time. Not so much the blue screen. I don't think it is a driver issue but more of a PSU/Power related one. What is your wattage/Brand of your PSU? I've tried to swapped molex connectors and it worked. I think the problem is that one of the connectors were "weak"
-Damo-
  •  -Damo-
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-05-27T12:09:50Z
Yeah, straight after i posted i checked all the molex's again n found on of em was hanging out the socket, u pulled the power n put it back in properly and all is working great now.

btw, lol i feel abit daft... was hot cos am using driver 71.84 n its the only decent one i can get on x64 n it has known temp issue's. Plus i moved house n my comp is in the living room near the gas fire.....

mwuhahaha