veselin
  •  veselin
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-05-12T02:21:04Z
Hello. I have some questions about memmory and I guess that's the right place to find the answers. What are the main reasons for occuring errors in computer memories [unexpected change in bits from 1 to 0 and from 0 to 1]? How many rewriting cycles is the typical life of the flash-memories? And what is the method of packigin RDRAM? Hope somebody have the answers
Sponsor
veselin
  •  veselin
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-05-13T02:08:16Z
Come on, don't tell me that no one knows the answer. I need to know what are they as soon as possible so please tell me if you know what is that all about
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-05-13T09:51:20Z
Is this for scool work...?

Flash memory life can vary. From 1000-10,000 reads/writes depending on the quality of the flash drive.

Your first question sounds so much like school work. Google it.

Last question I don't know what you mean...
veselin
  •  veselin
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-05-13T12:28:56Z
Yes indeed, the question about the main reasons for errors in RAM is a school work. I tried to find some information in google but with no success. I'll be very satisfied if someone managed to tell me the answer as soon as possible. Thank again
veselin
  •  veselin
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-05-13T12:33:18Z
And about the RDRAM my question is what is the packiging method, for example are the chips made out by BGA, TSOP or some other standart. Hope it's more clear now
veselin
  •  veselin
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-05-15T10:03:09Z
Come on people, please, tell me if you know the answer cuz I don't have time and I need to understand this.
CrucialLabs
2005-05-16T10:42:32Z
RDRAM is packaged in TSOP format, possibly the reason for single bit error is due to transfering massive amounts of data and millions of addresses in the memory you have a medium degree of having a possible parity error or a corrupt bit.
veselin
  •  veselin
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-05-16T12:41:21Z
quote:

Originally posted by: CrucialLabs
RDRAM is packaged in TSOP format, possibly the reason for single bit error is due to transfering massive amounts of data and millions of addresses in the memory you have a medium degree of having a possible parity error or a corrupt bit.

I have to choose between these options for packaging RDRAM:

1.DIP
2.SOJ
3.TSOP
4.CSP/BGA
5.sTSOP

I saw on one page that the modules were packed in uBGA but there isn't such an option. Now you said TSOP. It will be very nice of you if you give more information cuz I'm very confused right now. Thanks in advance.