Scribs
  •  Scribs
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-05-10T13:30:09Z
http://www.thermaltake.c...Case/tsunami/bwa/bwa.htm 

I can get the Lanfire w/PSU for $189, while the Tsunami without psu is about $150 (both in CAD). To get a reasonable PSU Id have to add at least $70-90 CAD onto the Tsunami... Which should I go for? Thanks very much,

Scribs

small edit, is the PurePower 420 actually going to be good enough? From what Ive read its a reasonable PSU, and 420W should be good enough for a AMD 64 3200+ overclocked, with a single video card, 1 or two HD's, etc if Im not mistaken
Sponsor
kid007
2005-05-10T13:41:33Z
my advice is go with the tsunami, my thought is having 2x 120mm fans is better because of the air going in and the air going out, this would give you and advantage mean while if you have those 80mm fan by stressing them could be a bit lil noisy
HotshotUK
2005-05-10T16:41:22Z
First one looks way ott if you ask me, and the second ones not too bad.

and USE THE FNARGING HTTP BUTTONS.. please

Why does noone use that button? makes everyones life soooo much easier.
Scribs
  •  Scribs
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-05-10T17:23:06Z
thanks for the tips, and to be honest i never noticed it was in button form i figured you had to do the html code which I knew in grade 8 but couldnt tell from a cafe menu now
HotshotUK
2005-05-10T17:32:35Z
Yea, HTML is a thing of the past here.

unfortunately
Scribs
  •  Scribs
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-05-11T10:30:38Z
Just to throw another case into the mix, has anyone had any experience with an Antec Lanboy? From what I read its got 2 120mm fans, which is a little less then the Tsunami but not too bad, and it shaves a good deal on the price. Would this still be a decent investment, or should I stick with the Tsunami?

Lanboy

(edits done because I apparently suck at cutting and pasting...)
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-05-11T10:46:08Z
I can vouch for the Super Lanboy as long as the looks appeal to you. Cooling is fantastic and it's a very easy case to work with. I've built a number of systems using it and it'salways one of my first recommendations to customers.
Scribs
  •  Scribs
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-05-11T13:06:19Z
Good to hear... It looks a little, different, but the look of the $50 that will still be in my pocket is also fairly attractive Plus Ive already got a silver dvd burner, go figure
Samwise
2005-05-12T04:37:55Z
I got the Lanfire. The fans good be a tad bit noisy but you get a fan controller. And anways, if you have headphones, noise isn't a matter. Even if you were to use your speakers, you wouldn't even notice the sound coz all the concentration on games.

But either cases are okay.
How about the Thermaltake Shark? It looks very spacious and awesome dual 12cm fans. (Intake and outake)
Scribs
  •  Scribs
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-05-12T10:27:12Z
The only problem with the shark is the price, it comes in a good deal more expensive the the other 3 talked about... The reason Im trying to find an alternative to the Tsunami is because Im trying to bring price down a little without really making a compromise
Samwise
2005-05-13T10:22:08Z
Mmmm... Well it depends on which you like best. Looks and performance? = Lanfire?
The Antec Super Lanboy is about the price range of the 2 cases you mentioned. Lanfire to me is a little bit too decorative but it suites me
PureFlop
2005-05-14T03:07:42Z
No offence dave
But the LAN Fire doesn't look that good
Its realy skiny look's like even a fly could push it over
I have the LAN Boy
Its a pretty solid case as in it is wide and short
But its up to what you like

Slim and sexy
or
Wide and beafy
or a comination

Phillip
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-05-14T04:07:20Z
Well cases are a personal taste. Up until a few recent cases I have hated the entire Themaltake line. What can I say, red, silver and chunky don't do it for me... But the armor is nice amoung others.

I don't like the LanBoy that much... (I've built several systems in it). Noisey PSU, only 80mm fans, horrible resonance problems. However the Super Lanboy (which is what I think you may have meant, there's huge differences between the 2)... is a fantastic case with fantastic airflow but the looks are a bit hit and miss. I'm not a huge fan, it comes down to ONLY that front grill, but I can see why others love it.
Samwise
2005-05-14T06:21:35Z
quote:

Originally posted by: PureFlop
No offence dave
But the LAN Fire doesn't look that good
Its realy skiny look's like even a fly could push it over
I have the LAN Boy
Its a pretty solid case as in it is wide and short
But its up to what you like

Slim and sexy
or
Wide and beafy
or a comination

Phillip

Phil,
It's called the LANFIRE, Its supposed to be small.