Covert_One24
2005-04-27T13:00:36Z
how do u become a moderator?
Sponsor
Elsparrow
2005-04-27T13:07:10Z
By kissing Davo's but

I think the moderators are member's who have contributed loads to the forum, have been long time members and are mature enough to handle responsibility.

I guess the Guiness adverts of "Good things come to those who wait" is true

Which makes me wonder why the hell Jordan isn't a mod yet.
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-04-27T13:14:08Z
I'm not a mod because of threads like the X800XT vs 6800GT. Lets just say I like to get into the thick of the action Really though I'd like to have had control over my stickied posts but being able to edit posts etc doesn't really bother me, I come here primarily to discuss and advice on things

Mods are only choosen when new ones are needed. The currnt mods are great and their no need for more. When they do choose they base it on the way people conduct themselves on the forums and also those that are at least around quite often.

I'm thinking about getting in touch with Davo to possibly add a silencing section or sticky in the cases and cooling thread. Or maybe even if I could write an article and have it on or linked to on the HH homepage on silencing
Elsparrow
2005-04-27T13:22:52Z
Well I ain't ever gonna be a mod! Got a random temper I have.

And that thread wasn't your fault Jordan it was that butt-munch arguing the heck out of everything
Egaladeist
2005-04-27T15:16:07Z
simply put...to be a mod you have to be incredibly good-looking...I am!...extremely intelligent...I am!...wonderfully sarcastic...I am!...well bred with impeccible manners...I am and have!...an icon to idolize and worship...I am!...

this, of course, does not apply to existing mods when requirements were that you knew where the delete button is!
SilentSpectre
2005-04-27T15:21:20Z
I once saw Elsparrow eat a stapler....err uhmm...

I'm hoping to become something other than a mod...more like a "guy who gets all the hardware after the reviews are over"...so far Davo hasn't seemed to agree I've sent him everything from monopoly money (with the words "This is real money!! NOT FAKE!!" cleverly written on them!!) to rubix cubes where I've changed a few of the squares so there is no possible solution (I'm not sure where I was going with that one...I was up for 3 days straight and it seemed like I was going somewhere with that...), and as a last resort I even offered to send him screen shots of some elven ladies in world of warcraft doing seductive dances...but damnit none of it has worked!

*sniffles* oh well, I guess I'll actually have to spend real money to buy stuff...man I hate that.
Ramman
2005-04-27T18:26:27Z
A mod has to have integrity, be an upstanding citizen, be immune to ridicule, have no sense of humor, and last but not least...have a beard and carry a large spear .

Well one out of five ain't bad .
Elsparrow
2005-04-27T18:28:57Z
Actually Ramman I never seen u with a sense of humour so make it 2.

Oh dam I insulted a mod again Better start packing my bags
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-04-27T18:31:56Z
Ramman with no sense of humour?! That's a joke in itself

He's can get as low down and sleezy as the rest of us!

Well noted Egal, I forgot about the Sarcasticness! It seems to be the essential ingrediant!
Ramman
2005-04-27T18:40:08Z
quote:

Originally posted by: Jordan
Ramman with no sense of humour?! That's a joke in itself

He's can get as low down and sleezy as the rest of us!

I resemble that remark .
Drago
  •  Drago
  • 50.8% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-04-27T18:57:20Z
Well i guess i have 4/5 cause i dont have a big spear or a beard, but give me 4 days and i can have one for ya. I would say a have a sense of humor, but no one gets it
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-04-27T19:01:19Z
That's very modest of you Drago
SilentSpectre
2005-04-27T21:38:11Z
Ahhhahhahh!!! NOBODY but NOBODY...ticks off the dragon ;-P Last time that happened, we had a huge fire and wait...a few people did catch on fire and that WAS kinda funny...
Drago
  •  Drago
  • 50.8% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-04-27T22:04:23Z
Meh people catching on fire isnt really funny unless they do it themselves trying to light their own gas an scorch their shorts. Oh yeah and Strong Bad's dragon Trogdor burninating the country side was funny as heck, i was rolling the first time i saw that.
Der Meister
2005-04-27T23:56:59Z
Der's best ways to get to be a moderator...

1. Kill a fellow moderator and take his spot with out any one knowing.
2. Make you own forum and proclaim your self the sole moderator dictator...
3. Act like you know every thing and dont like stupid people.. this is importan so you can tell the person there stupid and kick them at the same time...
4. Know the person who owns the froum...
5. Begg and plead for you to be one. but by doing this you will need to be onlien 24/7 and the forum will own your life.
6. just procliam you self moderator with out actually having the postion... this will be the eaisest however many people will think you crazy.