Jargon
  •  Jargon
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-04-03T11:26:49Z
Hi, I know this is the tech support forum and this question might not even be part of the forum but I think it's simple enough for someone to answer so I guess i'll ask. : ) Here's the problem. I have an older digital camera with a 128MB CF card. I saw a great deal on a 512 MB SD card and did a search on google between the two and found some great information on the vs. between the two of them. I figured the SD card was definitely worth getting as it's generally more expensive then a CF card and I was gonna get it much cheaper then even a 512 MB CF card.

Well, the problem is I didn't the SD card is much smaller and designed completely different from a CF card...so apparently it's for digital cameras that have accept only SD OR a combo of both SD AND CF.

Mine apparently isn't one of those. Hmm, i'm wondering if there's some kind of adapter that can make a SD CARD fit into a CF slot.....by any chance is there something like that?

I'm just curious though, what the heck is an SD card used for mainly..what kind of device? My neighbor has a brand new Olympus 6MB camera and his doesn't take my SD CARD either....that stinks.....

any info on this would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Jargon
  •  Jargon
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-04-03T11:33:19Z
update: well just saw on Ebay they do have SD TO CF adapters...of course then I saw they have TYPE I AND II so searched google and saw TYPE I is what I Need...interesting.

I really still would like to know if most digital cameras "today" have both a CF AND A SD SLOT..or anytime you purchase an SD card you're gonna have to have an adapter?
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-04-03T12:37:03Z
It's down to the different manufacturers. Sony use Memroy sticks in all of their products, Kodak ten to use CF but my cousin has one tha uses MMC/SD, Canon tend to use CF etc. CF is the cheapest foramt and often the quickest too. It's now the biggest card though. Sony's duo is absolutely tiny!