SilentSpectre
2005-03-24T09:10:15Z
Even the two button mouse. I have a screen cap of this but I don't have a way to post it as of yet, but go to www.macosrumors.com/  and you'll see under the 15th's news items the following:

Apple will at long last deliver an innovative multi-button mouse in the not-so-distant future, according to sources.

Wow..an innovative mult-button mouse...that pc users have had for...2 decades? Way to be ahead of the curve apple Anyhow just anothey bit of funny humor to add to the Apple "we invented everything" file
Sponsor
Dev
  •  Dev
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2005-03-25T16:43:42Z
I hate macs and all they stand for,competition,effiency,style,simplicityaccesibility.

What do u call a mouse with one button? ...... a mac mouse.lol
one more thing, mac did not come up with the idea of windows ...XEROX did! nuff said.
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-03-25T19:45:34Z
I don't mind macs. At least Apple aim for quietness and succeed. Not to mention reliability, but that's a lot easier when there isn't such a wide range of options and components to casue conflicts. OSX is a nice OS too.

I came to terms that I may have to use one some day since I was studying web design and they are preffered by a lot of companies. Don't wana do that anymore though.
SilentSpectre
2005-03-26T01:49:51Z
Actually even XEROX lifted it from other ideas that had been floating around universities and even the U.S. Air Force and NASA for a while lol.

Don't get me wrong, I like macs as well, but Apple's media machine is a bit overzealous.
bob_on_the_cob
2005-03-26T02:39:10Z
LOL, I work with guy Who has only worked with macs untill he started working with me and I told him about the news and he said and I quote "Two buttons? What do you need more than one button for"

I'm thinking of getting a mac mini when I get some extra cash
Egaladeist
2005-03-26T10:12:25Z
Hi guys,

Here's a look at my little computer...

http://www.nas.nasa.gov/News/Images/columbia_2.html 

I wish!
Dev
  •  Dev
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2005-03-26T10:59:22Z
still prob wudnt run doom 3 on full graphics tho . chortle chortle chortle.
SilentSpectre
2005-03-26T20:22:52Z
Yeah they just did a mac review of doom 3 and the long and short of it is that even with the fastest mac on the planet, don't go to lan parties with your pc toting friends because a machine that costs about $1500 on the PC side can beat any mac at any price at that game, or just about any other.
Dev
  •  Dev
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2005-03-27T12:28:58Z
are u serious thats bad news for macs, man that wud mean my sh1tty dell would give a good it run for its money.
Bill Gates 1 Steve Jobs nil.
plz give me a link to this coz i have mac friend and i want to email them.
maybe coz doom 3 is customised for pcs that wud make a difference even in pcs look at difference between ati and nvidia.
HotshotUK
2005-03-27T13:52:50Z
quote:

Originally posted by: Jordan
I don't mind macs. At least Apple aim for quietness and succeed. Not to mention reliability, but that's a lot easier when there isn't such a wide range of options and components to casue conflicts. OSX is a nice OS too.

I came to terms that I may have to use one some day since I was studying web design and they are preffered by a lot of companies. Don't wana do that anymore though.

Holy [censored]Jordan, what have you done to yourself?

That colour scheme is soooo bland

Great way to advertise tho
SS Joe
2005-03-27T14:20:00Z
lol, I saw the article on firing squad. heheh, crazy mac people... I've got a 4 button mouse... and yes, I do use all the buttons even in windows! They're not bad machines, I used them for school... but just not my type of machine.
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-03-27T14:51:46Z
quote:

Originally posted by: HotshotUK
Holy [censored]Jordan, what have you done to yourself?

That colour scheme is soooo bland

Great way to advertise tho

I have studied colour psycology as part of my web design coruse. Blue is a relaxing colour and buying PCs is a stressful thing for most so blue helps to calm people visiting the site. My shop colour sceme will match the site/logo. It's all part of my big idea for a busniess plan. I'll revolutionise the way PC shops deal with customers. I have big plans

As for the advertising... it's not so much that. In truth most people here are from the US. Even UK folks will have no interest, I only sell locally. No shipping or Internet orders for me. I like to deal with customers face to face and a return to base waranty is sooo much easier (at least for starting out). Even better I can call out to customers houses if need be.

No what this ,once again, is for web design reasons. Internal links from relevant sources (i.e. other PC related sites such as these forums) improve my search engine raking (this process is know as search engine optomisation - SEO). Since I have seen even individual threads from this highly ranked site appear on google I thought I'd take advantage of it.

I hope no one minds this? I'm not using forum resources (it's externally hosted) and many people have sig pics. After all I've put into the forums I hope no-one would mind me taking a little back out
hugekebab
2005-03-27T16:44:24Z
nah i doubt anyone woill mind jordan. good luck with the business, i like your ethics.
oh and btw if you delivered, i reckon you'd get much more orders. i would have defo used you last year when i had my new one built.
Elsparrow
2005-03-27T16:51:29Z
Well if ya deliver to Devon i will buy off you...
hugekebab
2005-03-27T18:47:48Z
jordan my mate daz is thinking of buying off ya. hell drive uyp to scotland oif he needs to.

can you put togethert a full system for around 1500 quid including your fee. he just wants an uber gaming system. i told him you would get him all ythe best components. god forbid he nearly went with evesham.