Psygurd
  •  Psygurd
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-02-16T18:25:14Z
www.cbhs.dk 

This is my first homepage, what do you think about the design?

all constructive criticism are wellcome
Sponsor
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-02-16T18:48:12Z
I tend to think this kind of post is only appropriate for regulars only.

Otherwise it just looks like advertising... But it's not like you're trying to sell anything, you seem to be at least genuinely interested in getting just feedback

I don't like the light lime green and I'm sure others won't be that keen on it either. Remeber Web Design is about amking a site that will appeal to as wide an audiance as possible, not just your personal taste

Otherwise it's pretty cool.
HotshotUK
2005-02-16T18:51:39Z
Its in some weird language.

I cant read it.
Egaladeist
2005-02-16T21:38:38Z
Definitely change the colour...and is that some kind of scandinavian or dutch language you got going on there? Change that too...I know...I know...english isn't the only language on the planet ...but english is the language of the internet...if you want to reach a larger market.
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-02-16T21:43:01Z
I assumed it was just a site for his friends to use as that seems to be who all of the pics are of. They may all use this language.

"english is the language of the internet."

I never thought of it like that! Well I know it's a fact but I never thought of phrasing it like that. Thanks, I'll quote that in the future
bob_on_the_cob
2005-02-16T23:23:56Z
I kinda like the green. Oh well it looks pretty cool
bob_on_the_cob
2005-02-16T23:24:46Z
didnt like my post count so I'll post this
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-02-16T23:36:05Z
Hehe, the area district code (the first characters in the top left corner) on my birth certificate is 666
Egaladeist
2005-02-16T23:54:04Z
It's also the official language of air traffic control to prevent accidents ( Tower!!!!...Tower!!!...we seem to have a problem.......Sorry...no speeka English !!! )...

I never looked beyond the first page ( I don't click on anything unless I have to )...if it's just a buddy site...keep the colours, keep the language, set it up however you like, and you should be askin' your friends, who are going to use the site, what they think...not a bunch of strangers...in the case of Els...stalkers.

That's what threw me...if it's a buddy site...why you askin' us ? you should ask them...your buddies...right ?

Jordan...I knew you were a little devil

bob_on_the_cob...when you posted over your 666th post I heard the crys of angry demons...you better be good from now on...cause if you go to hell they're gonna make you pay for trying to trick them...
Psygurd
  •  Psygurd
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-02-17T10:59:04Z
Thanks for the replys

I only needed feedback about the design Strange nearly no one likes the green colour 🙂.. I might change it into a icy blue colour instead.

This thread isnt about advertising at all i just want to hear as many people as possible saying their meaning about it and this forum seemed to be quite active

the language is Danish btw. and i intend to keep it that way
Egaladeist
2005-02-17T13:07:54Z
Not a bad guess eh...eh...I know...I know...I said Scandanavian or Dutch...but I was thinking of Scandanavia-Demark ( seeing as we consider it part of Scandanavia ) but wrote Dutch ( Holland ) which is more like German...I think.

We love green...just not lime green. YUUCK!!!

Busy...busy like squirrels collecting nuts for the winter...HEY...LET GO OF THOSE NUTS ELS...GET YOUR OWN...keeps trying to steal my nuts.
Elsparrow
2005-02-17T13:35:28Z
I thought you liked me holding your nuts?
Egaladeist
2005-02-17T15:54:10Z
Psygurd
  •  Psygurd
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-02-18T09:41:03Z
quote:

Originally posted by: Egaladeist
Not a bad guess eh...eh...I know...I know...I said Scandanavian or Dutch...but I was thinking of Scandanavia-Demark ( seeing as we consider it part of Scandanavia ) but wrote Dutch ( Holland ) which is more like German...I think.

Yeah, a pretty good guess then