J_Reid
  •  J_Reid
  • 50.25% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-01-31T16:46:11Z
I am building a new computer, and before I order the parts I just want to ask some pros if the following parts should be compatible when it comes to OC'ing.

Thermaltake Black Gaming Tower XaserV Series WinGo Full-Tower Case, Model "V7000+" -RETAIL

MSI "K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI" NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL

MSI nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card, 128MB DDR3, 128-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, PCI-Express, Model "NX6600GT-TD128E" -RETAIL

Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480W Power Supply, with TWV480 Total Watts Viewer Kit, Model "W0044RUC" -RETAIL

AMD Socket 939 Athlon 64 3500+ (Winchester), 90nm, 2.2 GHz, 512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Processor - OEM

Kingmax SuperRAM Series Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3700, Model MPYD42D-2K - Retail

ASUS STAR ICE 4-in-1 CPU Cooler for Socket T, Socket 478, K7, K8, Model "STAR ICE (BLUE)" -RETAIL

I have a few more questions, too. What parts listed, if any, will be a bottleneck when it comes to reaching max OC speeds? Also, I'm not sure if I'm going to OC or not since I'm not experienced with it, but will having PC3700 RAM with a 3500+ CPU cause problems if I don't OC? If there's a possibility I won't OC my comp, should I get PC3500 just to be safe? Thanks for your time.
HotshotUK
2005-01-31T16:53:36Z
Well thats some nice hardware. In theory it should all Overclock nicely, but then again, so should mine

Unfortunately hardware can be a bit touch and go, its not an exact science as to whether or not it will make a Good OC.

For example, I with the help of others on this site have decided that my CPU will just NOT breach the 200fsb mark, no matter what RAM or Motherboard it rides with

IF you get hardware that cooperates with your OCing targets though, that rig will fly
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.75% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-01-31T17:14:06Z
Hmm this seems familar... Oh yes, you already have another thread about it
J_Reid
  •  J_Reid
  • 50.25% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-01-31T17:24:10Z
Jordan, I posted more OC specific questions in the OC forum. I didn't want to post OC questions in tech help or the motherboard forum. But, if I should post this questions somewhere else notify a moderator to delete it or move it to the right spot.

But, if I don't try to OC it immediately, will having PC3700 RAM with a 3500+ be an issue? Thanks for the input...sorry to offend you Jordan.
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.75% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-01-31T17:40:18Z
Nah, you should just have contiued where you were. Look at it from our point of view, we follow a lot of threads from a lot of different users and it's really difficult to keep track of who's who (other than the regular with esp since they have unique avatars) when you talk to so many people you can't keep up with whos who. In your other thread we covered a lot of ground and now all that's kinda lost and will prob just get repeated here and it end up with us posting the same thing twice. IStarting a new topic is more likely to put people off than get more responses.

Anyway, I always think it's not so bad if you include a link to your previous thread as a reminder of what's benn covered.

"but will having PC3700 RAM with a 3500+ CPU cause problems if I don't OC?"

No. That WAS covered in the other thread...