paaji
  •  paaji
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-01-31T14:55:56Z
I recently purchased New computer from computer shop
I had problem with power supply it was making too much noise so guy at the computer shop replaced with different one i think this one is some kind of Eagle brand of something
Now that the power supply is replaced which guy said is better then the previous one
Problem i am having right now is that noise wise it kind of same not much of difference buth Temp goes up to 44 to 49 while i am using the computer i don't know whether it is normal or high for this computer
cpu 44 hdd 44 system 44 for all of them this what it displays temp in front of the case But pervious power supply i replace was noisy but temp was 36 38 the max this one is 44-49. Should i put more fans in it or not cause there is only one that is in front of case where hard drive is which i assume came with the case

Computer Specs:

P5p800 motherboard
Pentium 4 3.2 1mb cache 800mhz
Two hard drives WD 250 GB and Seagate 160 GB
1 CDRW AND 1 DVD RW
power supply 450 eagle Brand
One fan in front of case
ATI All in wonder 9600XT
1 GB Memory

What I have seen is that if you by from dell or ibm they are very quiet and hardly temp goes this much why is that? I don't know whether they put good fans and power supply.

Any recommendations on the power supply and temp problems I want good quiet fan and power supply in good price if possible
Please let me know about the temp is it good or bad
Sponsor
Ramman
2005-01-31T15:15:16Z
44-49C is not too bad if those are full load temps. If those are idle temps they are too high. First thing to do is to add a case fan to the rear as exhaust. You want to get rid of the hot air as you bring in the cooler air.

Next I would download Speedfan and check those temps against the temps on the display. Just to see how close they are. I've not heard of an "Eagle" brand PSU. So I can't comment on the quality. But my guess is it's a generic unit, this is not a good thing.

Enermax "noisetaker" PSU's come highly recommended by some members here. My Antec is a pretty quiet unit.
paaji
  •  paaji
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-01-31T15:29:42Z
I guess guy was giving me enermax 350 but i refused cause the one i have 450 watts. Is is ok to use 350 with this kind of system

Will the power supply do any good to temp or this just the heat produced by cpu video card and motherboard
thanks for you reply

this where i have purchased and he has these on the list for power supply let me know if think if any of these are good
http://www.alinx.ca/default.asp?do=go&name=Power%20Supply&id=52
Ramman
2005-01-31T16:03:32Z
With what you have a 350 Enermax will power it. However, of those on the list I would go with the 420 Watt Enermax Noise Taker. It's a quiet unit and will give you some room for any future upgrades.

The PSU won't add much if anything to the overall system temps. They won't drop them either. Some dual fan units will lower the temps slightly, not by much though. You best bet is to create good airflow through the case. By adding the fan to the rear you will get the best bang for the buck. If your case is a mATX case that can't have a rear fan, then you may have to mod the case to accept a rear fan or a mod to the top to accept a top mounted exhaust fan.
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-01-31T16:56:44Z
Just to further back-up what Ramman said rally. Make SURE it's the Noisetaker range you get if you want quietness. The Noisetakere will be more efficient so will produce less heat and do a better job of getting it's own hot air out of the case but like Ramman said, you can'ty rely on the PSU for this. It's only meant to vent its own hot air. Case fans do the rest.
paaji
  •  paaji
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-02-16T11:52:01Z
Now what i did is i got two fans for the case to blow the air out I put it both in the rear of the case cause i have one in the front already. But i changed the direction of front one cause there is no vent in front of case to push the air out. it push the air to rear and rear fans push out. But these are not quiet fan. I have also installed speed fan to check the temp my case has the temp in front as well but speed fan and temp on the front is different in front of the case it tells 44 to 46 even with the new fans installed and on speed fan is 51 -52 with fire icons i guess that means high temp. yesterday i was working on computer just browsing the temp went way too high 70 - 80 and noise of computer went high as well so without turning off i opened side of case left it for 15 minutes everything in the computer was hot hd dvd burner case. I don't what happened cause i was just browsing on the internet. i have the screen shot of speed fan but don't know how to post it in here if i can please let me know
i left the side of case open and temp went down to 33 -36 but i don't know why it did that i just replaced the ide cable for harddrive other then that nothing fans are running for couples of days
thanks
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-02-16T13:25:53Z
"i left the side of case open and temp went down to 33 -36"

That's because fresh air could get into the system with the side off. Right now your fans arn't really doing much coz they just can't get freash air in due to the restricted front vents. Now they're just recirculating hot air.
paaji
  •  paaji
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2005-02-16T14:37:46Z
is there i can do something i mean fans are loud and pushing the air out but why is it still producing lot heat so should i change the direction of front fan to where i was before cause i think it might be just pushing the inside air kind of like rotating the air whereas it was pushing to the front panel but dunno where it goes may be it cools downs when hits the case or let me know what should i do thanks
these were the actual temp with speedfan on idle
temp1 58
temp2 59
temp3 118 i don't know this one remains high all the time
Hdd0 61
Hd 1 53c

Any suggestions i should do
thanks
Ramman
2005-02-16T14:55:41Z
Your front fan should be pulling in air that's correct. You may have to pull the front panel off and drill some holes in it where it meets the fan. I know Jordan mentioined he had to mod the front panel to get better air flow in one of his cases. I believe he put the holes on the bottom where it 90's over to meet the case. That way you can't see them.

If you have a 5.25 bay open, you can put a bay fan in. They generally have two 40mm fans in them. Another option is to put an 80mm hole in the top of your case with a fan blowing out. This is called a blow hole. Some cases came with these, like the MaxTop series of cases. They are pretty effective at exhausting hot air.

Another option is an 80mm hole in the side panel with a fan bringing in cool air. Again, many cases come this way. I had to mod mine to put one in. My temps dropped about 6C after I did it.
kosodo
2005-02-28T19:41:16Z
I have just installed Speedfan and seems that my system is too hot. Please give me advices. I'm so worry about this issue ...

Elsparrow
2005-03-01T15:03:54Z
Errr looks like your CPU fan ain't working......

check that fan is working now and I would be wiling to bet you are cooking your parts to death (mainly CPU if its fan isn't working)
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2005-03-01T15:18:55Z
quote:

Originally posted by: kosodo
I have just installed Speedfan and seems that my system is too hot. Please give me advices. I'm so worry about this issue ...

Follow the same advice we gave above.

It doesn't look to me like the CPU fan isn't spinning, CPU temps would normally be a lot higher if it wasn't. Unless you just took the reading as soon as it was first switched on? If the CPU fan is connected directly to the PSU or if the Mobo/Fan doesn't support fan speed monitoring it won't show. Fans need 3 wires for a device to be able to monitor its RPM speeds.

You never gave any system specs ofr us at all to work with, nor did you mention CPU cooler or case fan set-up. There's really nothing we can do with that.
kosodo
2005-03-01T23:38:21Z
The CPU's fan is working. When I let the case open, the temp2 goes down and it seems to be ok for normal tasks(picture below) but after I play game(still let the case open) and check with speedfan the temp2 goes upto ~58C.

----------
My setup :
CPU : Pentium 4 2.4A GHz "Prescott" w/ 1MB Cache RETAIL BOX
Motherboard : ASUS P4S800 SiS 648FX 8X AGP, 800MHz FSB, DDR400
Ram : Kingston 512 DDR400 PC3200
Video Card : PowerColor Radeon 7000 64MB DDR
Harddrive :
*Western Digital 160GB w/ 8MB
*Maxtor 160GB ATA-133 w/ 8MB
CD/DVD-RW:
*LG : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4081B
*CD-RW : I'm not sure which model is it. I took it from "HP Pavilion 554x-b"
Case : 313-3 Mid Tower w/ 350W PSU Blue

Note : I will take a picture for you to see inside my case tomorrow. It's night and doesn't have enough light in my room to take picture now. Thanks all for the replies ...Moreover, any advices on my selects. I still have time to exchange my parts with the store. I bought the parts from www.canadacomputers.com  (all HDs and CD/DVD-RWs I got before I setup this system). At first I didn't plan to play game but I think I'm going to exchange my video card to "Sapphire Radeon" 9600 Pro Advantage 256MB OEM" to play game better. Is it Ok for my system?