TopGun
  •  TopGun
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2004-12-31T13:53:59Z
Lately while playing games, every 10- 40 seconds their is a small anoying pause, where the game just hangs for half a second. The games i was playing were medal of honor allied assault, counter strike source and half life 2. This hasnt happened until recently. I just noticed that in task manager (when nothing is open, just looking at the desktop) that the 'system idle process has '50' under cpu all the time, and 'system' is at 50 all the time. Cpu usage is at least always 50%.
I dont remember seeing a task called "system", and before "system idle process" was always at 99 under CPU, and cpu usage was always 0 or 1 % when everything was closed. I ran spybot and it didnt find any thing (except for that dso exploit).
Sponsor
Drago
  •  Drago
  • 50.8% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2004-12-31T14:01:05Z
Download Adaware from www.lavasoft.com , and Avast Antivirus from www.avast.com . These two apps can really clean out an infected system. If you could post your processes and what os you are running. System and system idle processes are suposed to be in the processes. If those programs dont solve your problem, then defrag your comp. That really helped me in playing GTA3. I would get the same stttuutter problems and then i would defrag and it would go away.
TopGun
  •  TopGun
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2004-12-31T16:35:24Z
Thanks for the suggestion, avast found a trojan, fixed it, and the problems gone!