Napper
  •  Napper
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2004-12-22T16:15:48Z
Am i able to fit a radeon card into my dell comp or do i have to buy a a card of dell.It has a geforce fx5200.
P.S DELL SUCKS!
Sponsor
drucifer
2004-12-22T17:04:14Z
I think i've heard before you need to get a card from dell or whatever. I know that ATi cards tend to be rather large, and probably wouldnt fit.
xtremeskier97
2004-12-22T18:00:36Z
A LOT of those POS Dell systems dont even have an AGP slot. Plus, some are underpowered for a high end graphics card. Which would mean a better power supply, which you would HAVE to get Dell because they are proprietary.

Your best bet if you dont have AGP or you have a low Wattage PSU, save up and build a computer yourself.
odizzido
2004-12-23T20:20:03Z
quote:

Originally posted by: xtremeskier97
A LOT of those POS Dell systems dont even have an AGP slot. Plus, some are underpowered for a high end graphics card. Which would mean a better power supply, which you would HAVE to get Dell because they are proprietary.

Your best bet if you dont have AGP or you have a low Wattage PSU, save up and build a computer yourself.

dude, I got a dell. it was terrible. with the amount of crap I was going thru I ended up building my own, being able to take only the HD and CD drive with me....even the floppy was dell only. infact, their IDE cables are custom as well.

I had to take a crowbar to it to get the part out too.....they were encased in metal.

PS I think dell sucks more than u do I bet.
TopGun
2004-12-26T22:08:08Z
Well i have a dell dimension 4600, and no im not a dell lover, i actually dont like them that much, but the 4600 of mine can have its card changed to whatever card I want, I can change the power supply to anything i want (as long as its atx) hard disk(has to be ata for me though) etc etc. My dell seems to be nearly fully customizable, but im the only one I know of whos dell isnt full of proprietary stuff.