chevyrulz099
2004-12-09T00:50:48Z
Any1 know any good fan controllers with no BUZZ?

i have a vantec NEXUS 4 knob controller now, and it buzzes like crazy, even hear it inside the case. i undersdtand the concept of the buzzing from the unused electricity...but is there any controllers out there that dont do this for under 35$?
Sponsor
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2004-12-09T01:05:20Z
I have never come across a fan controller that buzzed yet. If you go on somewhere like NewEgg you can check the user reviews for buzzing. I have a Vantec (in my sig), expensive fecker, an Aksa and also a cheap unbranded thing from eBay and none of them buzz.
chevyrulz099
2004-12-09T01:10:04Z
none buzz at low settings? mine buzzes crazy.....like powerline noise u know. i would rather hear the fans louder than a bunch of crackling. (:

i just bought a new case, and some 120's maybe the new case will sound better.
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2004-12-09T01:36:35Z
Well you know me, I'm a silencing freak. If there was any kind of electrical noise from those fan controllers I'd pick up on them.

"i just bought a new case, and some 120's maybe the new case will sound better. "

Depends on the fans, although nearly all fans are quiet on 5V! Then Nexus RS's I have are fantastic. If your new case has better air flow and is more solidly built (therefore reducing resonance) then you should have a quieter system. Remember cases arn't really quiet or not quiet as such. but a case with good ventilation has the potential to lead to a quiet system.