Varquaz_5
2004-11-30T20:47:55Z
my pc is acting strange lately, a few weeks ago my pc crashes for the 1st time ever. I get blue screens and errors like bad pool error and paged in non paged area errors. So i think to myself, ah windows has been installed for about 5 months might as well format. so i did.
Well now ive re installed and formatted about 3 more times and heres whats wrong, installation goes smooth except for a few missing .wmz files because of scratchy disk.

Well i install everything, drivers programs and games but all of the sudden, about 2 or 3 days after, all the drivers become corrupt, my video card or sound blaster just stop working and just a few minutes ago, my cd rom drivers went corrupt. I cant figure it out. Maybe windows disk causing this, only a few files are missing and their all .wmz files? please give me any help and questions are answered. ty

3200 barton
2X256mb pc-3200 corsair xmx twinx.
400 watt psu
thermaltake damier 6000A
asus a7n8x-e deluxe
radeon 9800 pro

also, i have never had any problems with pc, as i have had it about a year. when it crashed this last time i was playing desert combat.

ty
Sponsor
Drago
  •  Drago
  • 50.8% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2004-11-30T21:05:52Z
I doubt that it is the .wmz files because .wmz stands for winodows media compressed skin file. If you can still get it to boot, go to the event viewer in the control panel under admin tools. Check in the system for any errors and then post them back. Do you have a good antivirus program? I belive that a virus might be the cause of your problems, or maybe your ram is bad. Download Memtest86 and run it for about 8 hours. If you get no errors, then your hd might have a problem. If things are being corupted, then they are either not being copied to the disk right(scratchy disk) hd failing to write the data properly, or some virus that is messing it up. Download avast from www.avast.com  and install it and let it run a boot time scan. Hopefully if it is a virus it is a stealth one, not a bios virus.

When you reformated, did you delete the partion then format or just format?
Varquaz_5
2004-11-30T21:36:42Z
alright, well i dled the antivirus, it didnt sho naything with a quick scan but ill do a thourough one later, ill get memtest to and run that, but i dont think that that is the problem. my processors benn oced for 9 months flawless, and my temp is about 42C on full load. I dont know why its acting up ty for help
Drago
  •  Drago
  • 50.8% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2004-11-30T22:28:15Z
run the boot time virus scan so that it will scan the comp before windows is loaded. Have you tried to drop back your oc and see if that helps.
Varquaz_5
2004-12-01T22:42:36Z
well theres no virus, havent ran memtest86 yet but i will tonight..

TY