Kyle2k5
  •  Kyle2k5
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2004-08-07T10:54:15Z
Hello

I need some help with this issue:
i have an ATI 9700PRO All-In-Wonder, and i've managed to get and install the new Catalyst 4.9 Beta driver, to boost Doom3's performance.

Steps taken:
1- Uninstalled the old 4.7 drivers, using Drive Cleaner 3 software (incuding ALL the MMC and Hydravision crap)
2- Installed the new 4.9 Beta driver (express setup)
3-reboot

When i done this, some of the new video drivers was found (ALL-IN-WONDER 9700 SERIES, ALL-IN-WONDER 9700 SERIES - Secondary), but the rest of the All-In-Wonder driver features (i think the WDM-related ones) did not. Windows XP was unable to detect the rest of the drivers, marked as "unknown".

I've tryed to uninstall it, wipe out the registry entries, deleted manually the ATI folders (to make sure), and re-installed it again, with no sucess.

System Specs:
P4 2.8 HT, Intel MB D865PERL, 1024MB Kingstom DDR400 RAM, ATI Radeon 9700PRO All-In-Wonder 128MB, SB Live Platinum

Thanks to all of you
Kyle2k5
Sponsor
warlord
2004-08-07T11:36:50Z
With these being beta drivers in the case of the all-in-wonder if you simply must have the rest of your tuner functions i'm afraid you are out of luck until the offical driver release for there is no offical support for these betas.So my suggestion is to go back to 4.7 cats until they drop some new drivers on ya.Best of luck

Join the HotHardware Folding Team , Donate an effort to Humanity for the proteins we fold today may turn into the cures and treatment of the future.
SenorToast
2004-08-07T16:34:08Z
There is still a chance of getting them to work. Beta drivers are very touchy when it comes to installation. Whenever I installed beta drivers, they would always be detected as the wrong version or not be detected at all. Heres what I did to make it work:

1.Boot into safe mode (the most important thing)
2.Uninstall the drivers through the Add/Remove programs
3.Restart in safe mode again
4.Use driver cleaner to clean up the extra stuff
5.(optional) Restart in safe mode
6. Install the drivers and restart normally.

You can either skip step number 5 or do it. It's not required, but to insure success, you should. The most important thing here is booting into safe mode.