Millhouse_
2004-07-30T00:16:59Z
hey, i have heard that some people have to update their mainboard's drivers in order to fully utilize a 6800. i was wondering if their is a special way to install the drivers like video card drivers. do you need to fully whipe out the old ones or can you just run the download? please reply b/c i don't know what drivers i have now and i want to have the most current. thankx
Sponsor
StukaSt1
2004-07-30T00:29:51Z
You should be fine installing over your old drivers, you can remove old drivers by right clicking on my computer and going to properties>Device Manager and then remove the desired driver, but I don't recommend you do this.
Millhouse_
2004-07-30T00:33:12Z
THANK YOU for replying so soon.
but where do i install them into? can i install them into my own via folder or into a windows folder? will it automatically detect it? i don't want to mess anything up!
Millhouse_
2004-07-30T00:51:44Z
ok, i downloaded the newest version of via 4 in 1 drivers for my gigabyte motherboard ( GA-K8VT800). i created a new folder named gigabyte and i installed them into that folder. i ran 3dmark03 after and i got 5420. before i got 5399 so i hope i didn't do anything wrong. did i do anything wrong? should i have installed them into a different folder or is that one i did ok? i'm goin to load up far cry and see if it plays ok...please tell me if i did anything wrong.
Millhouse_
2004-07-30T01:38:16Z
i looked on my motherboard cd and it says that i previously had the 4.48 version. the new one i installed is 4.51. i didn't unintall anything before i installed the new drivers. can someone please reply
StukaSt1
2004-07-30T02:01:24Z
Look in that folder and see if there are any executables from what you've written I don't think you've actually installed them. I'm pretty sure you don't need to uninstall old mobo drivers at least I don't 😛
Millhouse_
2004-07-30T02:26:08Z
ok, you were right. i really didn't install the drivers but just the file that i downloaded. looked into that folder and i wen to the via 4 in 1 hyperion or whatever its called. i double clicked it and it went through install shield and such. i then chose quick install and it installed all the new files. i rebooted and everythnig seems fine. my 3dmark03 actually went down. i had 5399 with the old ones and i got 5369 with the new ones. but...i guess the difference is minimal. i hope you are right about not having to uninstall any old drivers. i also did not specify where to install them to so i hope they did the right thing. lol i am so stupid about some things. thank you for your help though. its nice to have someone to talk to at 2 in th mourning lol.