SilentSpectre
2004-07-27T04:43:43Z
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=17459 

I'm currious if this also applies to online retailers as it only mentions sold in shops, and they're a form of shop (even if it is virtual). At any rate I've already got a handful of seagate drives floating around my systems mostly because they have solid reliability in my experience and performance is always the 3rd factor (price being #2).

Anyhow IBM/Hitachi are still cranking out speedy drives, but I've had such horrible luck with them that I cannot suggest them to others
Sponsor
Grahf
2004-07-27T13:32:00Z
Yeah, isn't Seagate great? I've built nearly all my recent systems with their Barracuda V series and have not had a single bad drive.
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2004-07-27T13:37:55Z
I have always liked Seagate because every model they make the spend development time making sure it's quiet but now Samsung are quieter and faster too. It's only the WD Cav SE drives and Maxtor (every model is slow!) I have problems recommending.
Ramman
2004-07-27T18:26:24Z
My days of using WD are over until they can prove better reliability. I like this 5 year warranty that Seagate has come out with. They just might be getting my business from now on.
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2004-07-27T19:05:30Z
Well I trust the Raptors just not the Cav SE's... noisy, hot running, expensive and now slow compared to other drives.