Stonesfan
2004-07-18T13:30:49Z
OK I've done some searching and I've read a review that cooler master neon led coolers are pretty quiet and look nice. Is there anyone here who has some experience with those (or other good fans)?
Sponsor
HotshotUK
2004-07-18T17:40:36Z
I've got an 80mm CM LED fan and its loads quieter than my old akasa one. Rated at 25dBA if that means anything to you.
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2004-07-18T19:19:05Z
I have used the Akasa ones before and I wouldn't exactly describe them as quiet. I'de like to think the Cooler Master ones are quieter but I wouldn't trust any manufacturers dbA measurements, there's just no set standard. There's no way in hell the Akasa ones are their rated 27.85dBA under normal conditions.
Stonesfan
2004-07-19T12:34:56Z
The fans I have right now are rated 25 as well, but I'm sure their not (maybe on the 5V out instead of the 12V). SO it's indeed a bit hard to compare. But if you say they're quiet (and some reviews say too) I'm sure they'll be more quiet then the things I have right now (and more cool cause of the Led's).

Can anyone tell me if red fans look good together with blue case lights? I don't want it to get a total mess of colors, or should I get blue fans and have a total blue case? I also think that orange looks good with blue, so same question for orange.
HotshotUK
2004-07-19T18:56:56Z
Blue and Orange are complimentary colours so it should look ok. I want to try a cadburies themed case, Purple exterior with yellow lights. mmmmm chocolate....
Stonesfan
2004-07-20T09:11:44Z
Are orange fans really orange, or do they look more like red, gold or yellow? I've got one little orange light on my mobo and that combines really great with the blue. But I want it to be really orange, no gold or something.
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2004-07-20T09:34:33Z
LEDs thend to be their true colours, unlike cold cathodes where the "red" ones are pink!

There's only two places on the net I trust for noise specific reviews, www.silentpcreview (for everything) and www.frostytech.com  (for HS reviews). Most other reviews I have seen that claim products to be "quiet" or "silent" don't have a clue what the word means which shows by their several high speed fans to cooler their OCed CPUs and high end graphics cards [/rant]
Stonesfan
2004-07-20T12:43:50Z
quote:

Originally posted by: Jordan
LEDs thend to be their true colours, unlike cold cathodes where the "red" ones are pink!

OK, that's good news. I think I'll go for a blue - orange cmobo (but not in right now, I'm going on holiday soon).