KoRnpedo
  •  KoRnpedo
  • 50.25% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2004-06-16T08:37:30Z
Nucleo
2004-06-16T10:40:12Z
i would love FFXI...
but the idea of buying a game, to pay to play it sounds rediculas to me.

whats the monthly charge gonna be for the UK peeps?

i might just wait for FF12 on ps2
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.75% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2004-06-16T10:56:22Z
Iv'e said it before but i think the battle system in the FF series is tragic. You pick commands from a menu, your character performs a command then it passes to the next character/enemy. Repeat. Where is the skill in that?

I prefer a Stratagy RPG where you move about on the battlefield and involves positioning your chrachters strtegicly. Like Shining Force on the Mega Drive/Genisis or Saturn and Disgaea on the PS2. FF Tactics is the same style of game but a bad example.

I used to like FF7 when I first played it. But it never compared to the free roaminhg old style RPGs like Zelda but it was still Ok to play... until SF3 came out on the Saturn. I never touched FF7 after that.
Ne0rC
2004-06-16T10:58:21Z
I don't think the Final Fantasy battle system translates very well into a MMORPG, the gameplay gets too slow for my needs. Picking attacks from a menu = no thx.
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.75% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2004-06-16T11:00:39Z
What is MMORPG? What's the other one again?

"Picking attacks from a menu = no thx."

My sentiments exactly. Some poeple say they play it for the storyline but whatever happened to gameplay. If I want a good story line I'll watch a movie!
xtremeskier97
2004-06-16T11:11:43Z
If I wanted to freakin READ...I would READ a book...NOT A GAME!!

RPGs SUCK!

More action in games....such as Joint Operations that I will be getting today. And paying to play!! Give me a break! What a crock of @#$%^&!!!

well...that's my 2 cents
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.75% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2004-06-16T11:17:07Z
To all the FF fans, do any of you use http://www.ffworlds.net/  ?

I was really good friends with the guy that runs this site (Tav) and gave him tips on the CSS, Alt tags and how to make the site download a lot quicker (it still takes WAY too long for the home page to load IMO)... but hell he wouldn't listen
bubafatass
2004-06-16T12:03:22Z
"Picking attacks from a menu = no thx."

FFXI is different to other FF games, its not turn based, the game plays just like any other massively multiplayer online role playing game.

I am all for pay to play in MMORPG games, I played the legend of mir for a year and realized why paying is such a good idea. In an mmorpg the players are the key, alot of the enemies are very difficult to kill and impossible to solo, so you need friendly players to group with, all the players are in the game to play because they have payed. If the game was free it would be full of people who simply made a character to go around abuseing and pk'ing other people.

Also mmorpgs are huge aconstantly expanding games, it costs the company who made the game alot of money to keep these servers running and that money has to come from somewhere.
Ne0rC
2004-06-16T12:24:44Z
I know, I played in Beta, it was boring and slow paced.
SS Joe
2004-06-16T12:28:00Z
I'll choose the left out option of 'I like FF, but don't like MMORPG'. I do agree they Pay to Play = less little punks to screw up your online experience, it's just that for the money I spend playing one game with a subscription, I could buy more games. My attention span for a single game runs out after a few months at most, so spending money to buy the game(What is it? Around $40-$50?), and then spending $10 a month for a subscription only to stop playing the game a few months down the road... that's like spending $75 for going around and leveling up a character for a few months. If I could stick with a game long enough, i'd try a MMORPG and FFXI would be the one i'd try.... but until I win the lottery, I can't justify playing something that I have to pay for every month if I know i'm gonna stop playing anyways.
odizzido
2004-06-17T00:55:35Z
I pick the option "FF is good. massives are good....but FF !=massive"
crl247
2004-06-17T11:29:05Z
I like FF but not MMORPG. A new FF Tactics would be nice besides a GBA game. I would like a new one on the PS2 but i liked the animated 2d sprites in the 3d world. It looked interesting.
bubafatass
2004-06-17T13:52:21Z
Quote:

Originally posted by crl247
I like FF but not MMORPG. A new FF Tactics would be nice besides a GBA game. I would like a new one on the PS2 but i liked the animated 2d sprites in the 3d world. It looked interesting.

Yeh a new FF tactics game would be good on the ps2, mind you i have only been able to play ffta because europe wasnt worthy of FFT on psx

Have you played Disgaea hour of darkness? its like FFT and its long, im talking very long here, your players max out at level 9,999.
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.75% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2004-06-17T16:18:53Z
"Have you played Disgaea hour of darkness?"

It's funny you meantion that game! I plan on buying a PS2 just to play that! The battle system is very much like Shining Force which is the kinda thing I like. A lot more to do and a lot more skill involved(at least in FF there is).
odizzido
2004-06-17T21:45:53Z
Quote:

Originally posted by Jordan
"Have you played Disgaea hour of darkness?"

It's funny you meantion that game! I plan on buying a PS2 just to play that! The battle system is very much like Shining Force which is the kinda thing I like. A lot more to do and a lot more skill involved(at least in FF there is).

dont they have it for comp?