Shaunotto
2004-05-17T03:26:25Z
Halo 2 Fan's Thread

Game Facts

First of all lets clear up the release date. It's now OFFICAL from Bungie Studios and the game will hit shelves November 9th. That date is final. I can not wait to sink my hands into this game. It will be a really solid sequel. On EB if your pre-order them special 'Limited Edition' " Halo 2 game, you benifit with:

The limited edition 2-DVD disc set contains
The entire Halo 2 game and a second DVD with bonus content:

* The Making of Halo 2: Behind the scenes of Bungie Studios
* Featurettes on game design, animation, music and more
* Deleted cinematics and characters
* Art gallery, from concept to game
* Commentaries from the development team, and much more

With a cool special limited edition tin case which holds the game and it's special features.

Bungie Studios have also announced that each of the levels in HALO 2 will be FIVE times longer than each of the levels in the first Halo. The game is going to be absoultely MASSIVE. At E3 this year the game debuted some new multiplayer videos which showed of new features and weapons of the game. Brings the total of Halo 2 videos to four I believe. (Including the making of HALO 2) which is availible on the internet now.

"Pushing the Xbox hardware to its very limits, Halo 2 will expand on everything that made the original game great, plus add a wealth of technological and gameplay advances. Significantly improved graphics, enhanced AI, destructible and interactive environments, and an advanced real-time lighting engine are just a small part of Halo 2's evolution of design and technology. Every improvement in Halo 2 is designed to take gameplay to a new level, and in the end, to tell a better story." - Game revoultion.

Anyway this is just some new information I wanted to share. HALO 2 fans feel free to post news, game features and so fourth. This is the Halo 2 fanboy thread to get fans thoughts on the game. I love HALO 2, that and Doom III are my most awaited sequals of the year.

Click for Screenshots of Halo 2
Sponsor
Shaunotto
2004-05-17T03:29:10Z
Back of HALO 2 Special Edition Tin casing. (Front is posted above on last post).
bubafatass
2004-05-17T14:52:10Z
Microsofts E3 press confrence had two dudes from bungie on stage playing a multiplayer map from Halo 2 it looked crap!!!

Im just messin with ya it looked fantastic!!!
SS Joe
2004-05-17T14:57:58Z
lol, yeah that was a cool demo. Makes me wish I had an X-Box, but i'll wait for it on PC. I hope they do a good job of porting it this time.
Telexen
2004-05-17T15:22:57Z
MS and Bungie actually let like 90 "die hard Halo fans" play Halo 2 for half an hour at Bungie Fanfest
ProtoNfX
2004-05-17T21:02:58Z
halo pc was a disaster, i hope bungie takes some hints from other games before they release halo 2
Telexen
2004-05-17T21:12:04Z
I would not call it a disaster...it's an excellent game that just doesn't perform well on current cards ... next gen (brand new) cards run it excellently though

It may not have the absolute best graphics ... but considering it's several years old now anyway that doesn't matter ... it's still FAR superior to most other games when it comes to gameplay - especially it's multiplayer.
snakebite66
2004-05-26T16:29:03Z
Quote:

Originally posted by Telexen
I would not call it a disaster...it's an excellent game that just doesn't perform well on current cards ... next gen (brand new) cards run it excellently though

It may not have the absolute best graphics ... but considering it's several years old now anyway that doesn't matter ... it's still FAR superior to most other games when it comes to gameplay - especially it's multiplayer.

Halo is a great game on the PC...I admit the mouse lag takes a bit of getting used to and for it to run smooth on my system I have the resolution set to 800x600...mind you I am able to set everything to max detail.

All that said I think it is great

If I had a Dx 9 card I guess things would be better
Telexen
2004-05-26T18:39:50Z
Has anyone else watched the Multiplayer demo? It's awsome
SS Joe
2004-05-26T18:55:00Z
Shaunotto
2004-05-30T10:17:39Z
Hey guys just an update from Gamespot. Bungie Studios have released a 3D screenshot of HALO 2, explaining how they did it on there site. Anyway here is some news:

Halo 2 goes 3D

Bungie.net releases a panoramic 3D screen of the upcoming Xbox first person shooter.
Today, Microsoft developer Bungie found a new way to work the throngs of fans waiting for Halo 2 into a frenzy when it released a 3D screenshot of the upcoming Xbox first person shooter on Bungie.net.

The custom gameplay shot is a 8.6MB high res image of a Covenant Elite putting its energy sword to deadly use. The 3D element in the shot is the ability to rotate the image via Quicktime VR and get a look at the environment and carnage surrounding the Elite. In addition to posting the actual image on its site, Bungie has also included a short piece detailing how it was created on its official Web site.

Though the screenshot is now available on GameSpot DLX, Halo 2 won't ship until November 9 for the Xbox. For the latest preview of the game, check out our multiplayer hands-on preview from E3 2004.

Click below to download the 3D screenshot:

HALO 2 3D SCREENSHOT

Click below to see how Bungie Studios created the screenshot:

How Bungie Studios created the screenshot
Playa16
2004-05-31T10:53:44Z
I dont really care for FPS games on console systems. in my opinion the FPS genra is best done on pc HANDS DOWN! no exeptions. I cant stand using game controllers. I perfer a keyboard and mouse thank you. I hope they also make a PC version of halo 2, that would haul ass
Ne0rC
2004-05-31T11:02:54Z
I also find it rather fustrating aiming with analog sticks.

Didn't really enjoy Halo in general, on console or Xbox.
Shaunotto
2004-06-01T10:24:55Z
Yes overall PC's controls are better. Faster movement and more completive play, but that does not stop me from LOVING Halo and Halo 2. I play games on many systems, I dont rely upon certain controls. Thats why im so good at halo on Xbox. Undefeated.......actually. Every other FPS is on my PC. HALO is a rare game that is GOOD enough to get used to controls out of 'ones' confort zone.