d$mbbld
  •  d$mbbld
  • 50.25% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2004-05-10T14:35:49Z
A few days ago I was happily playing with my new gfx card, a 9800 pro, and the zalman HS+F for it, and I was using it while overclocked. I was overclocking it by using a certain program called Powerstrip. Unfortunately, two days ago the 15 day trial ran out, and then the problems started. I can't quite remember what I did before the problems started, except that a pop-up came up telling me that my 15 days were up. I downloaded a crack from the net to try and get powerstrip working again. It makes powerstrip work, but I suspect that it breaks it as well, because the Hardware controls are disabled, and it looks like the clock speeds have automatically been set to the max. Which would explaina lot of things, as the graphics in every game are completely buggered up. I will post an image taken of the screen in 3dmark01. Everything is completely spasticated, there are things all over the screen where they shouldn't be. It's an exaggerated effect of what it was like when I was testing the overcloking before, and I went a bit too high. Also the temps are a bit too high, which backs up my reason for thinking Powerstrip is o/c ing it. Please could somebody help me!
Predator
2004-05-10T15:09:21Z
Well in all likelihood your 9800 is permanetly damaged and will continue having display problems even if you get it back to stockspeeds. But if i were you i would hope not and delete powerstrip like RIGHT NOW and get a different program.
HotshotUK
2004-05-10T15:21:04Z
Try Radlinker, Its included with the ATi Omega drivers:

www.omegacorner.com 

See if you can't get your clock speeds down a bit using Radlinker.
SS Joe
2004-05-10T15:25:29Z
DOwnloaded a crack? Tsk Tsk Hotshot had a good idea, rad linker is a great program and the omega's are great drivers. Make sure you un-install Powerstrip(and delete the crack), un-install your catlyst drivers, restart, make sure everything is out, install latest omega drivers, hope your 9800 Pro isn't permanatley screwed, then OC using radlinker if it isn't.
HotshotUK
2004-05-10T15:34:27Z
Quote:

Originally posted by SS Joe
DOwnloaded a crack? Tsk Tsk Hotshot had a good idea, rad linker is a great program and the omega's are great drivers. Make sure you un-install Powerstrip(and delete the crack), un-install your catlyst drivers, restart, make sure everything is out, install latest omega drivers, hope your 9800 Pro isn't permanatley screwed, then OC using radlinker if it isn't.

You especially need to make sure the ATi Control Panel is uninstalled before installing the Omegas, installing two control panels is not a good idea.
d$mbbld
  •  d$mbbld
  • 50.25% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2004-05-11T02:11:38Z
Beeeeeg development! Did a system restore to when it was working, and put my clock speeds to normal, but they looked normal anyway. All the problems are off my screen, but 3dm01 is still buggered when I try it. I'll uninstall all the drivers and try again like u said, but what shall I do if the card is permanently broken. It's not really my fault. I don't think I did o/c it to a massive number or anything.
HotshotUK
2004-05-11T04:25:00Z
Well I would'nt count on your warrenty covering anything, but I suppose you could sue PowerStrip
recenps
2004-05-11T07:42:21Z
or you could sue the crack maker, that would be funny.
HotshotUK
2004-05-11T08:43:09Z
Please make your statement here:

I downloaded an Illeagal crack to enhace my graphics card for no extra cost, the aformentioned illeagal crack broke my machine and I want some money off of the author of the crack.

I'm sure that'll sound good in court...
sav}{vas
2004-05-11T09:20:03Z
You can say that its a no-cd crack and you used it because you are very protective with your cds

Seriously, did you buy it off the web or from a local shop? If its from a shop you can take it back and tell them that it suddenly stopped working.They will probably replace it. It worked for a lot of my friends
Shaunotto
2004-05-11T09:57:25Z
A crack killed your machine? thats screwed up. Man you got 0wn3d by software. And that court thing is tricky. yeah just take it back to the store, and pretend you dont know anything. They will prob replace it. Anyway bad luck what happened. Good luck with getting a new one man.
Faluzure
2004-05-11T16:44:05Z
Ive had nothing but bad experiences with Powerstrip, it just wasnt integrated into windows enough for my taste, not to mention, for a program that does no more than many freeware programs out there, its not worth it. Radlinker(radclocker) is the best utility out there and omega drivers rock, id go with them.