Chipp
  •  Chipp
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2004-04-22T08:44:16Z
I'm not really sure. Will the difference in sound quality be worth it? If I do end up getting this, I want to notice a difference, not just be happy with the fact its a new sound card. I might buy it here.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewP...iption=29-102-158&depa=1 
Sponsor
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2004-04-22T13:28:14Z
Yeah you should over that old card! If you have the speakers for it anyway. I susspect that card is using more system resources aswell.
DwnSthGaBoyz
2004-04-22T18:59:55Z
if your going to get the new audigy 2 sound card, id make sure i have an over the top speaker system to go with it, cause the sound is freakin awesome, i have that with a sattelite 7 piece, 2 sub combo and its better than the theatres and when i play games its like im in the game. it does require a good bit of ram to run though, so make sure your ram is high and the software is all updated
Chipp
  •  Chipp
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2004-04-22T20:42:06Z
I don't have fancy speakers. Just a 3 piece. Two speakers and one little subwoofer. They're PMPO speakers. I think they're pretty good. So, the difference will be huge, right?
Jordan
  •  Jordan
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2004-04-22T20:51:23Z
PMPO? As in peak mean power output or is that a make havnt heard of?
Chipp
  •  Chipp
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2004-04-22T22:42:24Z
Yeah, it's a really common speaker system. I used to have speakers mounted on the side of my monitor. They died, so I got these. They only cost $25.00 This is the exact one I have

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/e...702&item=4125778074&rd=1 
Shaunotto
2004-04-23T11:10:48Z
Why in hell do you want a high end soundcard with averege joe speakers? I agree that the Audigy 2 is the best sound card money can buy on the commerical market, but its not worth it UNLESS you get some new speakers. With new high end speakers you will then get your desired 'noticable' difference. Yes get the Audigy 2 (Because I have the Audigy 2 Platium) and I have no regrets because its an amazing soundcard, but also get some respectable speaker setup aswell. Maybe 5.1? if so...go Logitech (www.logitech.com ) and have a look.

Quote:

Originally posted by Chipp
I don't have fancy speakers. Just a 3 piece. Two speakers and one little subwoofer. They're PMPO speakers. I think they're pretty good. So, the difference will be huge, right?
DwnSthGaBoyz
2004-04-23T14:53:16Z
yeah, you might want to invest into a lil better speaker system, otherwise its not worth the upgrade, if you have the money for the soundcard then you should be able to atleast get a good decent speaker system to go with it
Chipp
  •  Chipp
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2004-04-23T19:49:19Z
Damn, can anyone name a good speaker system? I don't want to spend so much. I don't care about surround sound, I could care less about it. Name a high quality, default system. Or a brand that makes them.
Shaunotto
2004-04-24T08:02:00Z
Brand that makes them,
LOGITECH
KLIPSH
CREATIVE
they are the top 3 the audio for PC systems. Browse around the websites then check up on reviews. The Logitech Z-680's are the best system available that your money can buy for computers. go no further if you want the absoulte best...but of course they are pricey
Chipp
  •  Chipp
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2004-04-24T17:20:50Z
Screw it then. No new sound card, or speakers.
Faluzure
2004-04-24T22:32:37Z
dude... use ur onboard sound if u have it... also, there is more in the world than Creative... Hercules cards for example, kick ass and are cheap, ie digifire, fortissimo...
Chipp
  •  Chipp
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2004-04-25T05:42:05Z
I think my sound card is better than any onboard sound... I think I might just get the sound card anyway. I've noticed that all you guys are always recommending the most expensive, top-of-the-line stuff. I really don't think I'll have to have an expensive system to enjoy an Audigy 2. I've gotten opinions on other forums and they say I'll still notice a big difference. Thank for your help anyway.
Shaunotto
2004-04-25T09:55:49Z
Well I got audigy 2 and I didn't really notice a noteable difference till I pluged in something that makes a boom. not tin cans
Faluzure
2004-04-25T16:15:15Z
Quote:

Originally posted by Chipp
I think my sound card is better than any onboard sound... I think I might just get the sound card anyway. I've noticed that all you guys are always recommending the most expensive, top-of-the-line stuff. I really don't think I'll have to have an expensive system to enjoy an Audigy 2. I've gotten opinions on other forums and they say I'll still notice a big difference. Thank for your help anyway.

try it and see, i hope ur not assuming (btw, the nforce2 chipset is one of the best integrated sound solutions)