cska_ar_801
2004-04-13T20:11:13Z
I dont know about you guys but recently, there have been no
good PC playing games. I used to play Battlefield 1942 R2R, SWWII, Vietcong, AoM, WarIII. Now nothing can get me interested... except Photoshop CS
Sponsor
xtremeskier97
2004-04-13T20:36:23Z
Have you played FarCry??
SS Joe
2004-04-13T21:04:36Z
" Now nothing can get me interested... except Photoshop CS"

lol, kick ass game

Have you tryed Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory?
-Dues Ex (First one)
-Far Cry
-UT2K4
-SimCity4
sacula
2004-04-13T21:28:40Z
enemy territory and far cry are both really awesome
i also hear painkiller is pretty good, have not tried it
or final fantasy xi if you are willing to spend the money
Dante
2004-04-16T00:09:27Z
Hitman: Contracts should be coming out within the next few days. Other than that, I agree with you that all PC games suck ass right now. The last good game that I played was Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
RudyR1999
2004-04-16T00:29:38Z
You should give XIII a try. The game play is awsome. The ending sucks though, but definitally worth playing.
Thunder Chunks
2004-04-16T04:26:07Z
I think the noticeable problem is that we are just getting more and more FPS shooters chucked at us..... the PC market is well and truly saturated. If you own BF1942, any of its mods and one other FPS (ie COD) what else do you need? On top of the Doom III and HL2 aren't far off! IS THERE NO END TO THE FPS MADNESS!?!

Personally..... I can't wait for Singles to come out..... grrrrr..... check out my tiger Y Fronts ladeeez (Jeez ive gotta get out more often).
FeaR
  •  FeaR
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2004-04-16T08:04:20Z
I think FPS's will rule the computer gaming seen for a long time.
they are just the best gaming system for it, consoles arent as good for FPS's.
Dante
2004-04-16T09:35:42Z
There's no doubt that First-Person Shooters play best on a PC. But that doesn't mean that it should be the only type of game available. I agree that the market is ridiculously saturated. If you aren't someone who is big into FPS (like myself), then for you good games are really few and far between.

I'll never understand the obsession with FPS games. It doesn't make me feel like I am the person in the game, because I have something that my character doesn't... PERIPHERAL VISION!
RudyR1999
2004-04-16T09:54:21Z
I love driving simulation games. Plus this one you can drive big rigs, Toca Race Driver 2. I'm personally waiting for the new Colin McRae to come out. I have been a big fan of his ralley games for years.
Dante
2004-04-16T11:06:35Z
Quote:

Originally posted by RudyR1999
I love driving simulation games. Plus this one you can drive big rigs, Toca Race Driver 2. I'm personally waiting for the new Colin McRae to come out. I have been a big fan of his ralley games for years.

Tokyo Xtreme Racer

Best driving game I have ever played. If they could somehow combine elements from Tokyo Xtreme Racer and Gran Turismo, the game would be untouchable.
cska_ar_801
2004-04-20T18:35:44Z
XIII- played and red the comics!
LOVE IT
Shaunotto
2004-04-24T07:56:33Z
waa waa waa
Its not the only type of game available. Have u seen how many SPORTS titles are on the market. Theres new games coming out all the time in all criteras. MAinly cause sports and fps are the top seeling ones. I dont think you guys should complain that theres a good 'selection' of games. And if your not interested by any games coming out, go and make some games yourself then. Id like to see you do a .....better.........job..

ahh that felt good

Quote:

Originally posted by Dante
There's no doubt that First-Person Shooters play best on a PC. But that doesn't mean that it should be the only type of game available. I agree that the market is ridiculously saturated. If you aren't someone who is big into FPS (like myself), then for you good games are really few and far between.

I'll never understand the obsession with FPS games. It doesn't make me feel like I am the person in the game, because I have something that my character doesn't... PERIPHERAL VISION!

Dante
2004-04-24T09:17:12Z
Quote:

Originally posted by Shaunotto
waa waa waa
Its not the only type of game available. Have u seen how many SPORTS titles are on the market. Theres new games coming out all the time in all criteras. MAinly cause sports and fps are the top seeling ones. I dont think you guys should complain that theres a good 'selection' of games. And if your not interested by any games coming out, go and make some games yourself then. Id like to see you do a .....better.........job..

ahh that felt good

I don't see that many sports games coming out for the PC. There's like one per year for each type of sport. So how can you compare that to first person shooters?

As for the "go and make some games yourself" argument, it's completely assinine. That's like saying "If you don't like the movies in the theater right now, you should direct your own". Yes, because we all have the training and available resources to do such a thing. Give me a [censored]ing break!

Here, let's see what other stupid ass arguments we can make:

If you don't like the war in Iraq, go start your own war. I'd like see you start a war for a.... better.... reason.

If you don't like beef, go create your own animal. I'd like to see you create an animal with a..... better..... taste.

If you don't like our comments, go start your own forum. I'd like to see you create a forum with a..... better..... subject matter.

If you don't like this post, go make your own post. I'd like to see you make a..... better..... post calling you an ass.

Ahhh! That felt good.
Shaunotto
2004-04-25T10:33:17Z
Well your standards, ohh theres no games that interest me. Will Doom 3 intrest you or is that just another fps? OR HL2? And wonder over to EA sports to see them pump out 8 sports titles a year alone. Yes yes PC aswell. And I didnt mean the game making thing literally, lol. God, I mean it by if theres no games good enough for you right now your standards are too high. Because theres some really great games out and on the verge of being released. Depending on your interests of games of course. But most gamers will be excited of the games coming over the hill 'so to speak' (no they cant really come over hills) so dont write about that for 4 lines.