heter
  •  heter
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2004-02-03T20:30:29Z
Hey I was wondering what else I can do to make the stuff in my case be cooler. I, gonna have 4 fans in tehre (not counting the psu, and heatsink and video card) 2 on the front inner case blowing air forward, 1 on the side panel (not sure wetherto make it blow air in or out) and 1 in the back sucking air out. Question is what else should I do to make the case cooler? I cant do water cooling. Maybe blow holes or something? Any suggestions? Also how do I tell what direction the flan is blowing the air? Thanks
Sponsor
Laggerzero
2004-02-03T20:54:51Z
If you want to keep the fan on the side, it is recommended that you have it blowing in to help keep the airflowing in the right direction. How high up is the fan on the side of your case? if it is closer toward the bottom have in blow in, if it is closer to the top have it blow out. Keep in mind that Hot air rises and cold air falls so you want to try and push the cold air in at the bottom and suck out hot air at the top.
heter
  •  heter
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2004-02-03T21:22:04Z
its like in the middle.
Laggerzero
2004-02-03T21:25:42Z
It is up to you. Personally, I would have that one blowing inward because it is located almost on top of the CPU.
I26
  •  I26
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2004-02-03T21:30:50Z
Quote:

Originally posted by heter
Hey I was wondering what else I can do to make the stuff in my case be cooler. I, gonna have 4 fans in tehre (not counting the psu, and heatsink and video card) 2 on the front inner case blowing air forward, 1 on the side panel (not sure wetherto make it blow air in or out) and 1 in the back sucking air out. Question is what else should I do to make the case cooler? I cant do water cooling. Maybe blow holes or something? Any suggestions? Also how do I tell what direction the flan is blowing the air? Thanks

As far as which way its blowing. Look at the fan. If you see just the center hub and the blades you will blowing air out the back side of that fan. If you see the backof the hub with some supports leading to the outside of the fans frame that would usually mean it is blowing towards you.
crazythunder
2004-02-07T00:00:57Z
i usually just plug the fan in with side panel removed, and boot up.