chithanh1982
2003-11-22T09:22:43Z
My name is Nguyen Chi Thanh from Vietnam,now i am working for ATI company,i am an expert&graphic designer, If anyone have troubles with ATI cards you can e-mail and i will answer yours all !
E-mail : chithanh@vietel.com.vn
Mobile phone : (84)0912509953.
Sponsor
JoeyDee
2003-11-22T15:09:52Z
I had no idea ATi was in Vietnam... What city in Vietnam?
RamNinja
2003-11-22T23:48:29Z
i thought it was in canada
Telexen
2003-11-22T23:52:56Z
The headquarters is in Canada, but according to this ... they don't have an office in Vietnam
nietsni3
2003-11-23T09:55:21Z
If you want to flame others go somewhere else.

-Venom
JoeyDee
2003-11-23T12:22:12Z
lol, nietsni, he doesn't need to (edit:) be called an @sshole, if there were actually moderators who looked at this board, your post would've been deleted...

I talked to a good friend of mine who actually works for ATi, and he said that they definately have no offices in Vietnam, he said that this guy might possibly be one of the many worldwide Catalyst beta testers...but I doubt it...
scaVenger
2003-11-23T14:46:31Z
lol this guy is BSing us all he was asking stuff about an 9800 pro 256MB a little while back
Venom
2003-11-24T18:30:25Z
"lol, nietsni, he doesn't need to an @sshole, if there were actually moderators who looked at this board, your post would've been deleted..."

I'm glad you know everything. I can't read every post seconds after it's posted, nor can any of the other mods. Next time you see a post that should be looked at by the mods, use the report this post to the mods button. We have other things to do and lives to live, so quit your complaining.
S2
  •  S2
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2003-11-24T18:41:42Z
ATI originated from Vietnam as the Vietnamese owner came to canada to start ATI.
Lex Kempo
2003-11-24T20:20:28Z
Sherv your post is a contradiction........was it originally in Vietnam or did he start it in Canada? Mebbe the owner was ORIGINALLY FROM Vietnam and came to Canada to create ATI....

(makes sense because we allow quicker immigration here for businessmen who are willing to found companines in Canada)

Read your posts more Shev...
JoeyDee
2003-11-25T09:38:46Z
Quote:

Originally posted by Venom
"lol, nietsni, he doesn't need to an @sshole, if there were actually moderators who looked at this board, your post would've been deleted..."

I'm glad you know everything. I can't read every post seconds after it's posted, nor can any of the other mods. Next time you see a post that should be looked at by the mods, use the report this post to the mods button. We have other things to do and lives to live, so quit your complaining.

You have it wrong. I understand that you have real lives and cannot read every single post. That is my point... We have quite a few moderators in this forum that do not even log on once a month! You, Ray, CjD and etsd are the only mods I ever see who actually make posts and view the boards. Dave and Marco shouldn't even be bothered about the forums unless there's a vB problem. The 4 of you that I mentioned do a good job at moderating the boards you visit every day, but for me, this is the one board I'm on at least once a day, the others I don't go on much.

This 3D Card board is one that (in my opinion) has just as many flamings, if not more than the CPU board. when do Jarret and Kodger come online and moderate this board? I brought this point up before that we needed board specific moderators. Moderators that you can know will visit thier specified board a few times a week. Jarret and Kodger havn't made posts in a 5 month period before I origional brought up this topic a few months ago...someone told them about what I said, and they made a post or two. But once again they're inactive.

When was Jarrets last post? April 20th 2003.

when was Kodgers last post? September 5th

Click thier names and then "Search for all posts by this user"

If you do you'll see that Jarret's last post on THIS board was August 7th, 2002. And Kodger's was Feb 23rd 2003.

Don't take me wrong, I have nothing against these two moderators, it's just that we need MORE. Just like you said, we can't rely on only four active moderators for the 20 boards that we have!

And the only reason why I don't like using the "notifdy moderator" button (unless it's a really bad flaming or racial slur) is because it's either you, or Dave or Marco who edit or delete the post. I don't know about you, but I would MUCH rather have Dave and Marco working on hardware reviews and making the website better than moderating immature people on this forum.

Does this not make sense, or is it that it makes too much sense?
Venom
2003-11-25T11:50:07Z
Ok, well you said "if there were actually moderators who looked at this board", never did you mention the unactive mods assigned to it, you were talking about all the mods (as a supermod every board is my assigned board). Saying that none of the mods have read this post/board. So it seemed like you were complaining about all the mods, including me.

I agree with you on the report this post button, in that Dave and Marco should not have to take their time to do the work the mods should. It's usually the case that one of us mods gets to the thread first though. I check my email everytime I sit at my computer.

As far as Jarret, Kodger, and the other unactive mods. I completely agree with you. Their mod status should be removed and given to some other people that qualify to do the job that they are supposed to. Complaining to me won't do any good though. You have to just PM or email Dave or Marco and see what's up. I remember your previous thread about this, and Dave said he was going to take care of it, so I don't know what's going on with that. Some people just move on to other things or get too busy with their life. I try to check the forum at the minimum 3 times a day even with my busy college schedual.
FallenAngel
2003-11-25T13:35:52Z
Hi Every one ! I'm just reading some articles in your forum, but when I see Nguyen Chi Thanh here, making some stupid thing with his big mouth, I'm really angry ! I'm a Vietnamese and I really proud about it, what a shame when we have a man with such big mouth ! (I know that there is no ATI Authorized Dealer or Distributer in Vietnam, just some people ordered BBA cards from foreign country to sold in our country or Third Party Company such as Asus or Gigabyte) may be this man works for some of them but i don't know why he made such a stupid thing here, I really don't want all of you misunderstand about us. I just want to say : We Don't have such big mouth and so stupuid as this man ! Thank you all , guy !
JoeyDee
2003-11-25T15:34:15Z
I truely am sorry if I offended you, or any of the moderators, you just have to understand that I'm rather fustrated about the fact that two moderators assigned specificly for this board don't bother going on it anymore. I didn't mean that there arn't any moderators though

I do appreciate that someone besides me, and a set few veteran posters has realized that we do have lots of problems with this board (the 3D card section)

As I said before, the posts in this board can get very bad, in this case, very...., very... strange...

ANYWAYS, Venom, do you have the ability to check the IP Log? (you know how is says "IP: Logged" on every post?) I don't think this rare influx of Vietnames poeple is a coincidence, somethings definately fishy here.

Also, did you see the GPU&VPU thread where both these alleged Vietnamese poeple posted (not Fallen Angel though)? Click Here if you didn't

Do you guys run a 'three strikes your out' or two strikes rule?
FallenAngel
2003-11-25T20:53:16Z
I don't think that a newbie like him (NguyenChiThanh) can have a chance to work for ATI :LOL: . So I think this thread should be deleted