gasolineburp8999
2003-09-29T12:39:48Z
Hi there, i just wondered what type of person you would be if in the game devlopment area you Created the weopons & tanks etc and made the skins for them too? also what would you be if you created level and also put the surroundings on it , eg a chicken or market ?

Ive heard many people in the game making area like texture artist and moddler, but these mean nothing to me .

Help me out. Cheers
bob_on_the_cob
2003-09-29T14:30:34Z
ok in most high budget games every person has a job or a group of people have one specific job. game development is a very general term uncompassing the jobs you mentioned plus many more. a texture artist is someone who makes the pictures that go on a object i.e. the brick wall. A modeler is someone that would make the "chicken" or other models like say a gun, this job is usually a larger team were as the texture artist is one person or a small group of people.
if you wanna know anything else just say so. I kinda dapple in the game development area.
Bothware
2003-09-29T18:57:10Z
If you created a level, you would be a designer / mapper .... there are specific jobs for designing levels / maps, and also for constructing them .. this is in addition to the poitions Bob mentions.
gasolineburp8999
2003-09-30T14:13:09Z
so does the texture artist put the pictures on guns and stuff or is that also the moddlers job?
bob_on_the_cob
2003-09-30T16:39:37Z
the is usually the texture artist