SS Joe
  •  SS Joe
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2003-09-25T20:26:06Z
http://www.ocaddiction.com/arti...radeon_9800pro/pg6.shtml 

I was looking for info to reply to another post and I found this. This is from OCAddiction and it was done before the 5900 Ultra even came out...

"Impressive for a card that has been out quite a bit longer than the still unavailable FX 5900 Ultra"

Look at the horrible Pixel Shader performance. They start off ok but then get beat by a considerable amount. The section of the article even says...

"Pixel Shaders will be used extensively in upcoming next gen video games and the R9800 Pro dominates this one"

So what is Nvidias excuse? They obviously knew about this before the card was released, and they never said a thing. They only acknowledge it now because a Real DX9 Game that uses Advanced Pixel shaders is comming out and have called them on it. And i'm sure when this was originally brought to there attention months ago, they probably said it would be fixed in a new driver patch. Well PS2.0 Games are comming out(Halo on tuesday) and nothing yet.
Sponsor
goblin king
2003-09-25T20:50:12Z
I think Nvida was trying to milk sales with underdeveloped technology I am willing to wage that this problem will be resolved NV36 & 38. But I bet the people that were willing to dish out the 500 for the 5900 in the first place are to big headed to admit the Faults of the card and will defend it to the death. Also They(Nvida fanboys) will probably be just as willing to dish out another $500 for the next generation card since the majority of the people buying are really into hardware(but know very little about it since they bought the 5900 in the first place )
IronPraetorian
2003-09-25T21:17:26Z
I think nvidia thinks 99.9% of the vid card buyers are stupid but we aren't... exept that .01% wich are the fanboys and will do what goblin says.. dish out another 500 bucks on a card wich sucks....

*waits to be flamed by the fanboys...*
Bothware
2003-09-26T01:47:08Z
I think nVidia have lost all chance of becoming GPU King again ..... ATI seem to have everything perfected right now.
thedazman67
2003-09-26T06:38:54Z
nvidia are too focused on sales figures rather than improvements and quality they rush the chips out in order to beat the compitition and they know its weak but they don;t tell ur average user that but we people who actually reasearch products find out all the failures of there cards and some good points if any which i don;t think there is. nvidia has seriously gotta think about its chips if they wanna get back in the game

thedazman
SS Joe
  •  SS Joe
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2003-09-26T09:59:09Z
You know, I was thinking of something funny...

Nvidia has ALOT of Fanboys. ATI Does to, but for every ATI Fanboy i've seen, i've seen about 3 Nvidia ones. Anyways, this large collection of diehard fans out there, who would slit their mothers throat for a Nvidia product have given Nvidia a bit of a Big Head. And the second a person or even company gets an Ego thats to big to fit it, they start on their way to a downard spiral. Like Gob said, they're certainly people who will dish out large amounts of money for anything that has the word "Nvidia" smeared all over it. Nvidia knows this, i'm sure, and is taking advantage of it. ATI was falling behind Nvidia and they knew their next product had to kick some serious ass if they wanted to stay in the Vid Card Race. Nvidia underestimated ATI and produced what seemed to be a good/ok series of cards, but slacked off a bit knowing they currently had the lead, and probably thought they would continue to keep it. So while Nvidia Slept, drunk on their own self sense of satisfaction, ATI Drank alot of coffee and woke up.

Now like Both Said, ATI has everything perfected right now. They're ontop of their game and since they used to be the underdogs, i'm sure they're going to try a little harder than Nvidia to keep it. Now this can mean 1 of 2 things...

1. ATI keeps on trying their hardest, and continues to produce top of the line card series... while Nvidia relies on their fanboys for sales and produces another poorly built card and benchmark cheats.

2. ATI Keeps on trying their hardest, and continues to produce a top of the line card series... while Nvidia finally wakes up and realises they have to pick up their act and produce the best card possible and at a good price in order to get back on top.

Personally, even though I hate Nvidia Cards, I want #2 to happen. I like the nForce Chipset(Although nForce3 isn't looking to good at the moment, but I have faith), and if ATI is king, I imagine prices will go up. ATI's good product pricing is what drew me to them in the first place... Quality and Performance has made me stay. When the next Series of cards come out, i'll probably buy w[censored]ver has the best for the best price, but if they're on par with eachother, i'm sticking to ATI.
thedazman67
2003-09-26T10:53:09Z
maybe ATI might go on to produce chipset again this time they will be more impressive i could imagine a radeon integrated 9600 pro or something n superior memory controlers etc to kick nvidias offering. its a thought unless the nforce 3 lives up to the hype

thedazman
IronPraetorian
2003-09-26T12:08:21Z
Quote:

Originally posted by SS Joe
You know, I was thinking of something funny...

Nvidia has ALOT of Fanboys. ATI Does to, but for every ATI Fanboy i've seen, i've seen about 3 Nvidia ones. Anyways, this large collection of diehard fans out there, who would slit their mothers throat for a Nvidia product have given Nvidia a bit of a Big Head. And the second a person or even company gets an Ego thats to big to fit it, they start on their way to a downard spiral. Like Gob said, they're certainly people who will dish out large amounts of money for anything that has the word "Nvidia" smeared all over it. Nvidia knows this, i'm sure, and is taking advantage of it. ATI was falling behind Nvidia and they knew their next product had to kick some serious ass if they wanted to stay in the Vid Card Race. Nvidia underestimated ATI and produced what seemed to be a good/ok series of cards, but slacked off a bit knowing they currently had the lead, and probably thought they would continue to keep it. So while Nvidia Slept, drunk on their own self sense of satisfaction, ATI Drank alot of coffee and woke up.

Now like Both Said, ATI has everything perfected right now. They're ontop of their game and since they used to be the underdogs, i'm sure they're going to try a little harder than Nvidia to keep it. Now this can mean 1 of 2 things...

1. ATI keeps on trying their hardest, and continues to produce top of the line card series... while Nvidia relies on their fanboys for sales and produces another poorly built card and benchmark cheats.

2. ATI Keeps on trying their hardest, and continues to produce a top of the line card series... while Nvidia finally wakes up and realises they have to pick up their act and produce the best card possible and at a good price in order to get back on top.

Personally, even though I hate Nvidia Cards, I want #2 to happen. I like the nForce Chipset(Although nForce3 isn't looking to good at the moment, but I have faith), and if ATI is king, I imagine prices will go up. ATI's good product pricing is what drew me to them in the first place... Quality and Performance has made me stay. When the next Series of cards come out, i'll probably buy w[censored]ver has the best for the best price, but if they're on par with eachother, i'm sticking to ATI.

haha thats so true laddie, it's due to nvidia massive propaganda... we know ati barely advertises... maybe if all that money that nvidia spends to advertise everywhere and used it on improving their technology and making honest reliable drivers maybe they would be king again
SS Joe
  •  SS Joe
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2003-09-26T13:18:45Z
lol, no one feels bad for Nvidia Either there are no Nvidia Video Card Fanboys here, or they're to scared to post or even vote. lol.

I bet similar post with similar results are on hardware message boards all over the net. Nvidia has to know they're loosing fans quickly by now.
JoeyDee
2003-09-26T16:38:11Z
Has anyone seen stock quotes on ATi and NVidia latley?

...ATi is within a few bucks away, and still increasing fast...