maxtrixx
2003-09-12T14:38:01Z
I need help with my ESS Allegro PCI Audio (WDM). Whenver I start my machine right before the WinXP loading my settingg the computer makes a "beep" sound. Also, I can't raise my volume setting to its higher capacity. I do a lot of voice conversation over the internet and I can't hear the people I am talking to. Please help! I've tried troubleshooting using WinXP trobleshooting, I also updated the card but I don't know what else to do. Thanks.:confused:
Sponsor
Laggerzero
2003-09-17T11:03:58Z
Are you only hearing one beep at boot up?, because that is the beep noting a sucessful POST (that is a good thing). Is this card integrated on our mobo? if it is, try upgrading the drivers
RudyR1999
2003-09-17T11:25:50Z
Is this a problem that happened after having the card for awhile, or is it a problem with a freshly intalled auido card?
maxtrixx
2003-09-18T09:18:48Z
Yes, I hear the beep when the system is booting up. Also, I did upgrade the drive. It is integrated and I've had it for about two years now. I restored my computer to a earlier time, the night before when I could hear the sound and it wouldn't beep. I fixed that and I can hear fine now, but I can't control the volume very well using the volume buttons, I have to go into the sound control and change it. Thanks!!
maxtrixx
2003-09-18T09:19:24Z