Dante
  •  Dante
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2003-07-30T14:02:02Z
I'm trying to get some pictures together for this contest but the thing is that in order for me to get good pictures I have to take them at 1600x1200, which is obviously way too big to post. I want to reduce their size without cropping out the picture. I'm pretty sure I can do this in photoshop but I have no idea how to use the program.
Sponsor
Richard12
2003-07-30T14:04:56Z
I use paint and use sketch/skew under image then put in precent of how big you want it in horizontal and vertical.

I think this is the easiest way.
SS Joe
2003-07-30T14:21:44Z
In Photoshop, open your image. After you've open the image, look in the menu for the 'Image' section. Click on it and goto 'Image Size'. You can change it around in there. Also, at the bottom they have a check box named 'Constrain Proportions' If it's checked the image will like it says, Constrain the Proportions, such as if you type in 800 for the width, it will automatically make the height 600. Unceck it to change it to whatever you want
Ramman
2003-07-30T15:15:30Z
I got the same options in Photo Delux Business Edition. But mine was free . Can't see the reason to change to Photoshop
SS Joe
2003-07-30T15:35:26Z
heheh, i've never payed for Photoshop. I've been D/L it since Version 3.

Though if I end up doing it professionally, i'm buying it.... Actually I have to buy a version of it for college this year.
ToHellWithUGA
2003-07-30T15:54:09Z
Or Paint Shop Pro, does almost everything Photoshop can do but doesn't have the Macintosh-like interface and commands. Photoshop just reminds me too much of using a mac, just my personal opinion. They tend to hide functionality in weird places, IMO.
Dante
  •  Dante
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2003-07-30T16:35:29Z
Well, I got Photoshop as a "gift". I have all kinds of professional software (like CAD) that I will probably never need to use or ever begin to make heads or tails of it.
Commander
2003-07-30T20:41:58Z
No dude, the best way, without pixelating it or anything is with a web page.

You set the picture up in a web page and set the width and height to the max allowed here

I usually just prtin screen it from there, and save it as a jpeg
CjD
  •  CjD
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2003-07-31T09:56:39Z
Quote:

Originally posted by SubStandardJoe
In Photoshop, open your image. After you've open the image, look in the menu for the 'Image' section. Click on it and goto 'Image Size'. You can change it around in there. Also, at the bottom they have a check box named 'Constrain Proportions' If it's checked the image will like it says, Constrain the Proportions, such as if you type in 800 for the width, it will automatically make the height 600. Unceck it to change it to whatever you want

^^EXACTLY THAT^^