OhBoring1
2003-07-15T02:09:38Z
Hello fellow Computer enthusiasts (Nerds),

I have an Asus A7N8X Dlx and I have just installed Linux 9.0 and I cannot figure out for the life of me how to install the all-in-one drivers. In fact, I know next to nothing about Linux. How do I go about installing the Nvidia Nforce all-in-one drivers??? I'm well versed in Windows and MS babble but I know nothing about Linux. If anyone has any good learners manuals for Linux or newbie books or something to help me on my quest to setup and learn Linux, that would be most appreciated.

Thanks you
Sponsor
Commander
2003-07-15T02:12:34Z
we aint nerds; look in the picture thread.

LMAO

did you know how to run shell commands?
what distro you runnin?

Are you using KDE/X?

you have to tell me before i can help you
OhBoring1
2003-07-15T02:31:36Z
I know nothing about shell commands and I don't know what a distro is, but I can tell you that I am using KDE
Commander
2003-07-15T02:43:39Z
ok. Distro = distibrution, eg. :

Mandrake
Slackware
Debian
RedHat
Suse
Turbolinux

etc. The list goes on and on and on and on...

to install stuff on Linux, especially drivers, it's all done under a terminal window, like Konsole. You have to have root access though.

There is no simple executable.

to run a shell command (most likely what your NIVIDIA drivers are), type ls minus brackets, and go from there.

I think it's ls :confused:, aint done that for a while

no no no, it's sh sh = shell
OhBoring1
2003-07-15T03:02:22Z
I'm using mandrake 9.0

My linux drivers for the All-in-one Nforce 2 Chipset are the drivers that are on CD-ROM and came with the motherboard. How should I do this... I'm not familiar with Linux Mandrake Konsole Commands.
Commander
2003-07-15T07:34:03Z
yeah i'm running Mandrake 9.0 as well. Off the CD might be a bit more difficult.

Is it like automated??? If it has CDsupport for Linux i'd think it'd be an auto install scripty for it or something. Detect the OS maybe. Browse as you normally would to the CD, and go into where the linux drivers are stored, and see if there's any "executables" in there.
OhBoring1
2003-07-15T11:34:59Z
I've already done just that, there's just some weord .rpm files or something like that... nothing automated... I don't know what to do with .rpm files.
Commander
2003-07-15T22:24:01Z
well to be honest, I'm a little new to Linux as well.

If you got IRC: you can get help @

server: irc.undernet.org
channel: #linux , #linuxhelp

Those guys are pretty good. Other than that find out from mandrakelinux.com

rpm files i aint run as yet. sorry dude