Liamsd
  •  Liamsd
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2003-06-17T08:27:17Z
Hello People,
I was just wondering if anyone knew what kind of connectors should be used to connect up the 5.1 sound on the back. My Dvd player just uses those standard analog cables. Are there headphone jack cables, that split into analog or what's the story any help would be great.

Thanks very much.
Sponsor
Heavertron
2003-06-17T08:59:14Z
You will need 3 'Y' audio cables.

The connections are:

Two pole mini-jack (headphone plug type) to two Audio Phono (red and white, left and right)

Use three of these to give you 5.1 analogue sound.
Liamsd
  •  Liamsd
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2003-06-17T09:06:19Z
Do you think it is worth going to the bother of this, are there a lot of games out there which take advantage of this technology in your opinion?
Heavertron
2003-06-17T09:14:12Z
I just run 2 channel stereo through my big Sony HiFi. That does me fine

I'm not much of a gamer, so I don't know about that, but I've heard it helps in FPS games, as you can here where people are behind you e.t.c.

5.1 sound is also fantastic for DVDs, I've got a DTS amp in the house and it's incredible.

You can get those cables really cheaply for about 15 for the lot, so it's up to you?
Liamsd
  •  Liamsd
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2003-06-17T09:17:15Z
Thanks very much that's excellent.
Your right another problem is that my 5.1 Dvd player is running through my Technics system, which means I will have to figure out some sort of double adapter situation. Oh the joys of having too much stuff, he,he. Thanks again.
gokwhossj5
2003-06-23T11:25:05Z
Hey i use my receiver to my computer i use this thing called Xitel Pro HiFi Link it runs like $100 and you can use dts and dolby digital you can check it out here it works great http://www.xitel.com/  i get dts in movies and games are even better then befor!