earthwriter
2016-10-09T21:11:11Z
Any suggestions for a computer - laptop or small ergonomic space efficient desktop that would be helpful and good for my writing needs? I do make some youtube videos about my holistic self-care tips, and I take beautiful photos, too, but my main need and focus is a computer with a good writing word processing program with plenty of memory and very simple and easy to use, doesn't need to be constantly maintained and checked for any tech issues...something that I can just sit here and get to work on my writing. Any thoughts? Thank you.
fortunz
2016-10-11T02:16:05Z
I've never liked any keyboard as much a thinkpad keyboard. There are a lot of options from a thinkpad yoga to an x1 carbon, just decide how much you want to spend and narrow it down. Generally I loathe chiclet keyboards that have flat keys, but the thinkpad chiclet board has a subtle curve to the key surface that really make typing more comfortable and more like using a full size keyboard.

As for software, OneNote is a fantastic writing program that automatically backs up your writing to onedrive. It has a structure that let's you store lots of information in whatever way to choose, basically it's modeled after divided notebooks and provides digital sections and pages in a very intuitive manner. It isn't a word processor, so you'd need to export to something like word, but if you want something that's an all in one program, check into scrivener.

Blackhawk8100
earthwriter
2016-10-13T06:50:16Z
Thank you both for your helpful suggestions. I have heard of scrivener. I need to check it out. I love my keyboard I type on. It's great. It's a very soft touch so the fast typist writer in me writes a lot day and night. I appreciate the great helpful tips.
earthwriter
2016-10-19T03:39:14Z
I thought about it and I think what I need to do since I write a lot and use social media is use my regular computer, have a laptop or notebook standing by for portability and travel and a smart phone for those times when I'm cooking or connecting with nature and I want to share a thought or 2 and take beautiful nature pictures to share with my online friends. Seems to be a good balanced approach.
Elise
2020-12-01T07:00:30Z
Thanks for the information keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.