Blackhawk8100
2016-05-03T19:41:11Z
But its really not 3D, it is Eye trickery.
James@PCPosh
2016-05-03T20:02:01Z
It is, but it's no more eye trickery than real life offers you. Again, a single eye is only capable of 2D. The second eye allows you "eye trickery" which is why you're able to perceive a 3rd deminsion: Depth of Field.

In VR that depth of field is created by having an object be X distance away from the two cameras. In real life that depth of field is created by having an object be X distance away from the two eyes. Thus, VR is 3D.

Blackhawk8100
2016-05-04T01:04:09Z

It is, but it's no more eye trickery than real life offers you. Again, a single eye is only capable of 2D. The second eye allows you "eye trickery" which is why you're able to perceive a 3rd deminsion: Depth of Field.

In VR that depth of field is created by having an object be X distance away from the two cameras. In real life that depth of field is created by having an object be X distance away from the two eyes. Thus, VR is 3D.

You can still perceive the 3rd dimensions with only one eye.

James@PCPosh
2016-05-04T01:29:44Z

You can still perceive the 3rd dimensions with only one eye.

Then you have a super power! Joking aside, I recommend an experiment. Have a friend or family member stand a few feet back from you and hold a glass at about your eye level and move a quarter back and forth above it ("back and forth" meaning closer and further from you). The challenge is that when you say "drop" they drop the quarter. Try it 10 times and see how often you land in the cup. I think what you'll find is that you have no depth perception with only one eye.

Blackhawk8100
2016-05-04T02:20:50Z
Dave_HH
2016-07-24T15:29:37Z

Can you provide a link to the VR Kits article? I must've missed it xD

http://hothardware.com/r...eriences-and-performance 

:grin: