Blackhawk8100
2016-04-21T14:17:41Z
Originally Posted by: StaticFX 

lol.. Yeah I know, im just saying do go upgrading your CPU yet... no need. All you need to do is upgrade the GPU. Sell one 290, put the money toward a 390. then sell the other...

Im guessing, just a desktop placed near the TV, using it as the monitor.

Don't forget a wireless keyboard

Sim_8_3
2016-04-21T23:48:38Z
Originally Posted by: StaticFX 

lol.. Yeah I know, im just saying do go upgrading your CPU yet... no need. All you need to do is upgrade the GPU. Sell one 290, put the money toward a 390. then sell the other...

Im guessing, just a desktop placed near the TV, using it as the monitor.

I hadn't thought about that, I would be wary of wiring being so close to the bed though, I have a history of sleep walking and I could get tangled up in the wiring lol.

Blackhawk8100
2016-04-21T23:56:56Z
Originally Posted by: Sim_8_3 

I hadn't thought about that, I would be wary of wiring being so close to the bed though, I have a history of sleep walking and I could get tangled up in the wiring lol.

http://www.amazon.com/s?...%3Afloor%20cable%20cover 

Sim_8_3
2016-04-25T02:39:19Z
That's a great suggestion, I should have gotten that a long time ago!

Thanks

Blackhawk8100
2016-04-25T12:39:48Z
Originally Posted by: Sim_8_3 

That's a great suggestion, I should have gotten that a long time ago!

Thanks

No problem!

James@PCPosh
2016-05-22T02:44:23Z
Having been fortunate enough to win a motherboard here at HH, I'm considering trying to sell this build in order to finance an Intel build.

I've priced out all the components I would need to build I system I would be happy with, so I know about how much money I'd like to get, but I'm just not sure about the aftermarket price for electronics. I poked around on Craigslist and it looks like people are charging roughly double (sometimes more) than I'd expect to pay for even old, weak desktops and laptops.

So, I ask you: fellow citizens of the great nation of HH, what would you consider a good price for the system I've outlined in the original post?

Blackhawk8100
2016-05-23T21:25:18Z
You know, you could do a review on the mobo on your channel...just throwin' that out there 😛
James@PCPosh
2016-05-23T22:10:52Z
Originally Posted by: Blackhawk8100 

You know, you could do a review on the mobo on your channel...just throwin' that out there :P

Oh, believe me the thought has more than crossed my mind. But with no RAM or CPU to put in it, the best I can do is a cold unboxing (Which is better than nothing, for sure), and I'm just not sure how many people would take an interest in a video that's mostly B-Roll and talking about how nice it would be if I could throw an i7, 64GB of DDR4, and two 980TIs in and take it for a test drive, lol.

digitaldd
2016-05-26T15:24:36Z
Originally Posted by: James@PCPosh 

Oh, believe me the thought has more than crossed my mind. But with no RAM or CPU to put in it, the best I can do is a cold unboxing (Which is better than nothing, for sure), and I'm just not sure how many people would take an interest in a video that's mostly B-Roll and talking about how nice it would be if I could throw an i7, 64GB of DDR4, and two 980TIs in and take it for a test drive, lol.

You now have a reason to go shopping! CPU is those most expensive option you need to source. Though I suppose you could buy a cheap compatible CPU & 8-16GB RAM ($30-60) and reuse some drives and other parts you probably already have laying around.