warlord
  •  warlord
  • 64% (Friendly)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2008-07-24T16:46:08Z

Ok folks we finally stopped the plummet and are on the move back up the ranks from 187 2 weeks ago to 182 today. So i wanted to make a post and tell everyone good job. Its been over a year since we gained a rank so it has been an achievement. Ok time for something that hasn't happened around here in probably another year or so , some team up dates (since we finally have some active folders)

Ok we should all welcome some of the new people ( some of you have been here for a while however was never noticed for your efforts)

Zombiemaster, danielbegun, rapid 1

Ok thats got the new guys and now its time for some love for our long timers too. Since the new gpu client came out we have had a bit of a resurgency here and it was overdue.

Davo , Bob on the Cobb , mjstod ,  These folks are kickin butt and needed some attention so everyone should give em a hand.

Now we have 19 active members and that is up a good bit from a week ago but we should do better and i think we can. Basically if your names not on that list it should be. You can start today here and now. It will only take you a couple minutes to get started and its all for a great cause since the person it could help someday could be you, so  its already in your best interests. It's time to take this team forward and you can help.

Also i just wanted to personally thank every single 1 of you that have kept it up and folded even when it seemed every else had quit on our team (it's never to late to start back), it was a dark time for me honestly since i put my heart and sole into trying to get our team the 32407 back to the top 100 teams. (when i started we where  in the top 100) So it has been very nice to see a boom in team points. I wish i had something to give away to get people to start like these rig give aways as of late but something less expensive ya known like a gpu but i have 6 kids so i am tapped out. ( Higher ups could maybe the next contest help in this regard killing 2 birds with 1 stone?) They will be more active members in the forums if they are folding ( think in a competative spirit ya know have it like the rss feed for extra name in the hat only this time have it for folding and the contest would be based on being and active folder and active forum contributer during said time span.) and then our team gets the increase in production.

Fold on HotHardware!!!!!!!!!

Sponsor
nelsoncp21
2008-07-24T19:27:10Z

yeah I guess I should get back into it. I had tried it a couple years ago when I lived at my parents but my moms got pissed about me leavin the computer on so I will attempt with my current outdated rig. Probally won't make much difference till the new one is finished but when it is I promise to add that to the team also.

warlord
  •  warlord
  • 64% (Friendly)
2008-07-24T19:31:51Z

Excellent every cpu gpu and ps3 counts folks and nelsoncp21 welcome back.

zombiemaster
2008-07-24T23:33:29Z

Thanks for the welcome warlord!  I wanted to try out the GPU2 beta and was looking for a team to fold for - glad I found HotHardware, hope I can help.  

bob_on_the_cob
2008-08-01T05:00:04Z
Thanks for the shout out warlord. I kinda got out of the computer thing for a bit. I would still check out the HH homepage but stopped contributing. Glad to be back. Welcome zombiemaster. good to have you onboard. That rig of yours can post some real points. Watch out warlord ; ) I started folding on my athlon 2100 I think. I got maybe 30 points a week! When I came back I got more points in a week than I had total from before. I would love to see are team get back to its former glory.
nECrO1967
2008-08-01T05:30:19Z

I've been running the client for a couple days. Doing my part. VERY slowly, but adding mine in. Stuck on a Sempron 3000 for the foreseeable future. 😞 Sempron and celeron must be the words for "slow" in some language somewhere. I just know it.

bob_on_the_cob
2008-08-01T06:14:24Z
Hey at least your pushing some out. If everyone posted just a few points we could get back to that top 100!
nECrO1967
2008-08-01T06:50:19Z

While were on the subject. I haven't looked at the Folding@Home website yet. Are there any tips to increase performance. Would I get more speed ditching the GUI client and going command line? You don't have to go into detail. Just tell me if the info is there and I will find it myself.

warlord
  •  warlord
  • 64% (Friendly)
2008-08-01T08:57:18Z

I prefer the console when i can if for no other reason than setting it as a service so i don't have to remember to turn it on or off.