warlord
  •  warlord
  • 64% (Friendly)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2008-07-11T18:42:42Z

Well yesterday the big brown truck dropped off my new gear. So after a long night of getting all my systems prepped and ready and placing my new q6600 ( now at 3.6ghz and dual orthos stable will post screenies later after i have every thing where i want it including pics of my rigs.) and gtx260 in there new home. So now running 3 smp clients to gpu2 clients and 5 single core clients  my ppd using fahmon is showing 13,787ppd ;)  This will help the team a good bit but we still need alot of new meat to really get competetive. Come on folks put that idle hardware to good use and come fold for HotHardware.

Sponsor
bob_on_the_cob
2008-07-11T23:36:46Z
Well I'm folding full time again. I'm getting about 2,800 ppd. I'm folding on my 8800gts 320, my girls Pentium D @3.5 and my Core2duo. I had to clock my core2 down to 2.84 because of heat.

My girlfriend is getting me a watercooling setup for my Bday! So that should boost it a little. I'm also getting a 4850 for her when I get some spare cash so that will be another GPU folding which seem to be were the points are at.

Also what are smp clients? And congrats on the new part and nice OC!

HotHardware should run a folding contest. That would get people folding.

warlord
  •  warlord
  • 64% (Friendly)
2008-07-12T00:55:21Z

The smp clients are multi core aware, so think duels and quads. However if you have a gpu client running on a duel you should just add a normal console but if its a quad just give 1 core to the gpu and collect your other 2000 ppd from the smp client . The smp clients are just below the gpu clients on stanfords download page. Also thanks for noticing on the oc i was proud. Now I show to be producing 14,000ppd when i can stay off the games...lol Thats 98,000 a week that puts me back to 2nd in a couple of weeks and in 1st in 6months at current rate.[;)]  Ps the gtx260 with a little oc is giving 6000ppd and the smp client on my quad is pumping another 2000ppd...8000ppd on the 1 rig....I think i might need a towel or something.

bob_on_the_cob
2008-07-19T07:07:39Z
Can't seem to get the smp client running on the Pentium D. It tells me unable to connect to Jen-PC:8676. I've tryed a few online how tos. I need a few points to boost me when my rig goes down to install my water cooling for a day or so.
warlord
  •  warlord
  • 64% (Friendly)
2008-07-19T15:13:27Z

The only real thing to pay attention to when installing the smp client is if in vista turn off uac and regardless which os xp or vista set a password. That way when ya install  install.bat it doesn't hitch at the password and not install mpi correctly. Also if trying the 5.92 be sure to install 5.91 and upgrade from it as the result have been mixed from people in the forum as to successful installs with out 5.91 first. Last but notleast if all install well and still not connecting it could be windows firewall blocking try to disable it and give er a go. If that works renenable and make exceptions for both the core and fah and if on 5.92 deinompi as well. Looks like i have rallied a few members back to the fold.

Der Meister
2008-07-20T13:32:34Z

Nice nice... any pics of it?

warlord
  •  warlord
  • 64% (Friendly)