Kamrooz
  •  Kamrooz
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2008-02-23T16:39:21Z

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/9017/index.html 

Numerous reviews for your insaitable appetite ^_^. 

Wow...If I was to get a new rid I'd originally purchase a Stacker 830 or Antec 900. I loved the look of the Cosmos, but the cooling was unacceptable. Seems they finally fixed the flaws. Talk about a killer case! 😃...I'm sold...Now all I need is money for a upgrade...LOL

Sponsor
recoveringknowitall
2008-02-24T14:47:58Z

Wow... that's a whole lotta case! It looks awesome and the touch sensitive power buton is a nice... touch!!! lol

Der Meister
2008-02-24T15:25:22Z

very nice clean looking case 

Kamrooz
  •  Kamrooz
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2008-02-24T21:31:07Z

I love the layout of the 3 top 120mm fans. Talk about excessive exhaust. But I do love it, if I was to get this rig I'd outfit it will all the fan slots..probably Scythe Slipstreams if I had the extra funds, or some yateloons if budget is a concern. Definitely a nice case 😛. 

BiteMe1MoreTime
2008-02-25T09:59:03Z

It'd make a great case of my back-up ri...............[;)] That way I could easily mount my spare triple radiator in the top...............[H]

Der Meister
2008-02-25T11:37:49Z

Indeed thats what i was thinking, what a great place for a triple radiator. 

Kamrooz
  •  Kamrooz
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2008-02-25T20:52:52Z

Indeed, this would be a great water cooling rig. The video states it can hold at radiator also in the top....Awsome case 😃. Damn, I've been waiting for a case like this...It even comes with the side cooling that is so vital for me!...Now all I need is cash to buy a new rig >_<...lol.

The only downside, 250 bucks is  abit much...But if I had the funds, I think I would plunge for it. 

Der Meister
2008-02-25T22:18:56Z

beats the price of some water cooling cases... mainly koolance, sweet cases but not for $500

Kamrooz
  •  Kamrooz
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2008-02-26T05:58:25Z

Der Meister wrote:

beats the price of some water cooling cases... mainly koolance, sweet cases but not for $500

I'd never pay 500 for a case, that's overkill. The most I'd ever pay is 300..and that's pushing it pretty far. I wouldn't mind spending 200-220...But for this case, I'd definitely put down 250 😛. 

nelsoncp21
2008-02-26T14:19:32Z

I would have to disagree with you on this 1 Kamrooz. And that's purily preference speaking though. For me the case is the hardest thing to pick out. I agree that is one sexy looking case though but It's amazing how fast you run out of room. IMO you can never spend to much on a case if it's exactly what you are looking for. As far as a stock case goes, if you have to do work to it than 300 is probably pushing the mark but it all depends on how deep your wallet is. My current case was 250 stock and with the minor modding the place did to it before my mods it came to 450. If I would have had them do all the work it would have probably been around 600-700. The next one that I am looking at is 350 stock, the lian li pc-343b. I haven't gotten a quote back on the mod work but it ain't gonna be cheap. I thought about doing it myself but the case is to dang much to make a mistake on. but again thats just my preference. Some would rather spend 600 bucks on a graphics card that is worth 150 in less than 2 years.

recoveringknowitall
2008-02-26T14:40:01Z

nelsoncp21 wrote:

IMO you can never spend to much on a case if it's exactly what you are looking for

Especially since a case could potentially last longer than any other component and through many upgrades!

nelsoncp21
2008-02-26T16:47:20Z

So true, except if your me and your just never saitisfied! I don't know what it is but I see a case and I just want to take my dremel to it!

jtm55
2008-02-26T19:54:33Z

Hi All,

Nice case, Coolermaster looks like they want to compete with Lian Li & Silverstone on the high end case market. 

Kamrooz
  •  Kamrooz
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2008-02-26T20:42:06Z

Nelson: I couldn't agree anymore to tell you honestly. This case would be excluding all the fans I'd buy to fill it up. I'd end up spending around 300 or so. I also agree that buying a case to last the tests of time as a permanent case to hold your main rig, then it shouldn't matter how much you spend. That's what I was planning with the Stacker 830, at the time when I first decided on it, it was around 250, I was gonna fill all 9 slots with Scythe S-Flex SFF21F fans,...at 12 a pop, I would of spent around 368 or so on it...which I would of made in a heartbeat since I'm planning for my next case to hold my main rig from now on. So yea...I do agree...But spending 500-700 just put a major ouch on me 😞...lol...That's cash I could spend on higher quality parts 😛.

BiteMe1MoreTime
2008-02-27T08:47:40Z

I agree that a case is one o, if not the most important component if its what you're looking for and plan on keeping it for years on end.............[:D]

I got extremely lucky when I got my UFO several years ago, it was my dream case and still is. I got it as a review sample back when I was writing for System Cooling and it's been in service from that day on. I've been through countless other brands in every shape and color over the years with my test rig, but I keep my old UFO as my main case because there it's any other one out there that fits my needs and taste (at least so far), the Lian-Li comes the closest though.